Iris
Just Said Yes August 2019

Ceremony Music

Iris, on January 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM Posted in Do It Yourself
I booked my DJ and if I wanted to ceremony music it was be $200 extra and I would have to pay $60 for every hour added. So I just decided to stay with reception and 6 hours only.
What are some alternatives to play ceremony music since I won’t be having the DJ do it.
My ceremony is outside.
Share:

15 Comments

• Colleen
    VIP September 2019
    Colleen Online ·
    How long is your reception?
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Master March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·
    Honestly, I would add it because a soloist will cost you just as much and a DJ can start/stop at all the right times. I guess you can use an iPod to play music and ask a non-family member to do it (cousin)?
  • Iris
    Iris ·
    I was going to do that, but that would put me more over budget then what I planned.
    i didn’t know if just using a phone and Bluetooth speakers would work or be a good idea.
  • Iris
    Iris ·
    View Quoted Comment
    6 hours. Including the cocktail hour.
  • Colleen
    VIP September 2019
    Colleen Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I would either get blue tooth or shorten reciption time so you can get a DJ for ceromony
  • Shay
    Devoted February 2020
    Shay ·
    Get the DJ! They will keep your party going.. Happy Planning 🍷
  • C
    Master November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

I'm a little confused. So if you add one hour for the ceremony, do you have to pay $200 or $60?

• Colleen
    VIP September 2019
    Colleen Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    200 for ceromony then if it gives past the 7 hours with wedding and ceremony it is another 60.
  • Iris
    Iris ·
    My ceremony is at 3pm for them to do the ceremony it would $200 add on.
    That would be included in the 6 hours that I’m already paying for. 6 hours would be 3pm - 9pm
    any additional hour would another $60 add on for every hour added.
    I’m already paying $1,200 for cocktail/reception hours.
  • Colleen
    VIP September 2019
    Colleen Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That is not bad for 6 hours.
  • L
    Dedicated March 2020
    Laura Online ·
    I’m in the same boat, I’m looking at a DJ who’s asking. $1,100 for 5 hours and it’s $200 extra for ceremony and cocktail hour. But $50 extra if we have an outdoor ceremony. I figured it might be easier to have a Bluetooth music for the ceremony and skip the extra $250
  • Colleen
    VIP September 2019
    Colleen Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    If you ceromony is short you can do it all in 5 hours
  • Courtney
    Expert September 2019
    Courtney Online ·
    Alternatives would be iPod set up or live musicians (costing the same or more). My concern would be not have the audio for the ceremony - I’ve been to weddings were I couldn’t hear a word because we were outside and it’s so disappointing. If that’s not an issue for you I would look into hooking an iPod into the existing speakers in the ceremony space. If there’s no audio hookup I would ask if the $200 ceremony fee includes all audio and if so it might be worth it for the music and so guests can enjoy the ceremony with you.
  • L
    Dedicated March 2020
    Laura Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    There’s no way to push the 5 hour price on to the ceremony time. Also it will be at least 6 hours in total not counting the 30~ minutes of music needing rocket be played prior to ceremony start. So that’s why I’m thinking just do my own music for ceremony. But I’d rather not, in case something goes wrong
  • Kiwibride
    Super November 2018
    Kiwibride ·
    Our celebrant had her own speaker for the ceremony so we just played the music through that

Comment on this discussion