Allie
Devoted November 2016

Centerpieces: Take 4!

Allie, on November 12, 2015 at 9:23 AM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

Good morning!

This is my fourth attempt at a centerpiece and I think I'm finally on the right track - but I still feel like something is missing! I've attached a picture of my inspiration (Though I knew I needed fall colored flowers and a round frame).

Any suggestions to make this centerpiece perfect would be very much appreciated Smiley smile

Thanks ladies! Happy Thursday!

16 Comments

• Pancakes
    Master October 2015
    Pancakes ·
    • Flag

I like it! Try it with just one tall candle. Supposedly, odd numbers of things look better. So that way, you will have the higher flower on the pedestal, the pillar candle and then the 1 tall candle. Other than that, I like them!

• Michelle S.
    VIP August 2016
    Michelle S. ·
    • Flag

I agree with Pancakes- just one tall candle may look better. Also, are you lighting the candles? Make sure your venue allows open flames. They can be really dangerous if the table moves or a guest knocks them over. I think they look really great!!!

ETA: typing is hard before coffee

• Allie
    Devoted November 2016
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I will definitely try that! Thanks ladies!

@Michelle amazingly enough they are fine with the open flames! I originally was planning a centerpiece without candles because I was worried about that but they assured me the tables are sturdy and there shouldn't be any movement. I'm glad cause I like this a lot more Smiley smile

• Brittani
    Savvy December 2016
    Brittani ·
    • Flag

These are really pretty!!

Maybe space the candles a bit differently? I'm new to this so I'm not sure Smiley smile

• VMDIZZLE
    Master September 2015
    VMDIZZLE ·
    • Flag

I think you need 3 candles of varying heights and widths. I would replace the flower on one of the pedestals for a shorter candle.

• EatKnitRun
    Master May 2016
    EatKnitRun ·
    • Flag

I think they look great, but would be better with 3 different heights for the candles.

• BeachBride2016
    Master November 2016
    BeachBride2016 ·
    • Flag

Looks nice! Maybe adding in some fall colored berries or even acorns or something like that to help fill in any extra space?

• Allie
    Devoted November 2016
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Thanks ladies! I will try with three candles Smiley smile & I need to figure out how to get that taper candle to stand up straight (OCD cringe!).

• Michelle S.
    VIP August 2016
    Michelle S. ·
    • Flag

Oh I do like the idea of having 3 candles rather than 2 and a flower. I found this picture that I love where they actually put a smaller flower at the base of each.

• Allie
    Devoted November 2016
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Wow Michelle that's a great idea! I'm going to put a third candle up and try that tonight. I'm hoping that will do the trick Smiley smile Thanks all!

• Kathleen Smith
    February 2020
    Kathleen Smith ·
    • Flag

That is AWESOME that your venue allows open flame!!!! Your centerpiece idea is beautiful. Instead of tapers try varying heights/widths of tealights/votives. Tapers are impossible to keep to keep straight!!!!!!!!!! So sweet.

• Diana
    Super September 2016
    Diana ·
    • Flag

Love it,

just wanted to reiterate the open flames comment b.c my venue (unfortunately) doesnt allow it;(

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

Fair Warning: I'm at the point in wedding planning where glitter is solves all of my problems.

I think the candle would look really nice if you took a gold or white glitter spray paint and did a light spray around your candles. The candle in your inspiration picture is actually a birch wrapped candle and I think the added detail is really nice. (Just to clarify I am not suggesting you glitter modge podge them because that would likely be too heavy just a light spray of fine glitter.

• Caitlyn
    Super December 2016
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag

I do like the birch wrapped candle, a lot.

• Erin
    Savvy October 2017
    Erin ·
    • Flag

I like the centerpieces, but having the candles not centered throws me off. Also having one really think candle and two really skinny ones kind of looks weird. Just replace one of the skinny ones with a medium width candle and center them more and they will be breathtaking

• SummerS
    Master January 2016
    SummerS ·
    • Flag

I think you are on the right track and I agree with the majority of the other comments regarding the candles and varying the height and width. I'd also add that to get closer to your inspiration pic, you may want to add more flowers...a bigger array of sizes/types/colors and more densely packed in clusters similar to the inspiration pic. I think that would make a big difference!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics