Lafuturase帽ora
Devoted April 2019

Centerpiece Mock-up; want to include gold somehow...馃槆

Lafuturase帽ora, on January 25, 2019 at 8:21 PM Posted in Style and D茅cor 0 18
Saved Save

Hi yall, the other day me and FH made some centerpiece mock-ups for our colorful mexican rustic wedding. it will all be atop a sliced wood round on each table, and I am planning on dry-brushing gold onto the bark! The goblets (clear, light blue, and purple is all I have) will hold succulents and/or cacti. I also have these cute little mini-pots of faux cactus and succulents. The pots are made of clay so I can dry brush some gold onto them too, or just keep them bare terracotta.

How can I incorporate gold into the centerpiece?

The candles I bought to see if I liked it with candles, it feels like it will make it too busy. I do have mini gold mercury votive LEDs that I didn't photograph with the jars.

What do you think so far?

Flower arrangement in a smaller mason jar.Centerpiece Mock-up; want to include gold somehow...馃槆 1The larger mason jar arrangement, I think it's a quart size?Centerpiece Mock-up; want to include gold somehow...馃槆 2With some little LED candles, and a clear jar I was thinking to use to place the cactus?Centerpiece Mock-up; want to include gold somehow...馃槆 3Candles on, lights offCenterpiece Mock-up; want to include gold somehow...馃槆 4My little mini succulent/cactus from michaels!Centerpiece Mock-up; want to include gold somehow...馃槆 5

After doing what little we did so far on the centerpieces, I realized I FORGOT that we also have to decorate the guestbook table, card table, cake table, sweetheart table...馃槺馃檮

18 Comments

• Kyle-Lynn
    Expert February 2019
    Kyle-Lynn
    • Flag
    So so cute! Love the color pops! The mini cacti and succulents are adorable!
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I am really glad I found those cute mini plants at michaels, I鈥檓 kind of surprised at how they鈥檙e turning out I originally had no idea how to execute my visions 馃槀馃槤
  • Kyle-Lynn
    Expert February 2019
    Kyle-Lynn
    • Flag
    You will get there! I would even dry brush the gold on the little pots and let some terracotta show or maybe do the bottom half (tape off) gold so it has some contrast!.
  • Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry
    • Flag
    So much color! They're beautiful.
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you again for the words of encouragement!! I really liked the dry brushing idea 馃グ especially where some of the clay pot can show it鈥檚 such a beautiful color and texture. :-)
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! 鉂わ笍
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos
    • Flag
    These are really beautiful. You could put gold on the bottom half of the jars, use a gold ribbon instead of blue (or alternating), hobby lobby has little gold berries and leaves you could stick in there.
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie
    • Flag

I agree with the gold ribbon and painting the bottom of the jar with gold as well! If the pots are the ones I'm thinking about, you could also paint the lip/rim of them gold and it would be a nice addition.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle
    • Flag

Love your little succulents...they are so cute!

• Charlee
    Dedicated March 2019
    Charlee
    • Flag

I love how colorful everything is!! I agree with brushing gold on the clay pots, not a lot, just a touch. I would even suggest to do away with the blue ribbon on your flower mason jar, the blue glass beads instead are beautiful and I think with the ribbon it looks a little busy. Just my opinion. I love the drinking goblets, will you be using all three, or just one for each centerpiece? I love the tealight inside!

• Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, I love that gold ribbon idea Smiley smile! Thank you again for the advice, I'll also check out hobby lobby for some cute golden foliage

• Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, The pots are kind of like your run of the mill terracotta planting pots. I think painting them just a tad with gold will be beautiful! Thank you!

• Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think so too! They're 50% off at Michaels right now, but the sale might end soon. Lots of their spring stuff is on sale Smiley laugh

• Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Yes, the gold painting is probably what I'll do I am super excited for that. The little glass goblets will be one per centerpiece since I only have a limited number. They're from hobby lobby! I think I'll put succulent cuttings or a cactus in them, I am going to try out how it looks with a tealight sitting inside the arrangement it might give the plants a nice glow. Smiley smile Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sarah
    • Flag
    Don鈥檛 stress too much about the other tables - your bridesmaid bouquets can be used to decorate the cake table and your bouquet will go on the sweetheart table, along with your champagne flutes (or whatever custom glass you鈥檝e chosen!). You could just get a simple 鈥渕r and Mrs鈥 sign for the sweetheart table, too. Card/gift table just needs a vessel for the cards (anything from a box to a birdcage) and a sign that states it鈥檚 for cards and gifts - anything else is just icing Smiley smile An extra centerpiece arrangement works nicely to decorate any empty looking spaces.
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much for this advice !!! You are like a lifesaver I was worried to have to buy even more things than i already did to decorate those extra tables. Definitely what I needed to hear 馃槄

• Sarah
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sarah
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You鈥檙e welcome!!! Let鈥檚 just say I鈥檝e seen a lot of weddings... 馃槣
  • M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W.
    • Flag

Very pretty! Loving the colors!

Comment on this discussion