Mrs PNW Nugget
Beginner September 2018

Centerpiece Ideas

Mrs PNW Nugget, on December 7, 2017 at 4:42 PM Posted in Planning

I need help piecing my centerpiece ideas together and I'm finding no inspiration pictures for, well, inspiration.

I like the lantern centerpieces with the greenery like the picture and I'll prob incorporate turquoise alstroemerias randomly throughout like the one's in my inspiration pic for the BM bouquets. BM bouquets will be wrapped in burlap instead of the white fabric btw.

The venue has picnic tables for seating. Options for decorating are ivory table cloths, burlap runner, and lace runners.

What do you guys think? Nix the tablecloths or keep them (I kind of like the rustic look of the tables), burlap or lace runner or both or none? What about extending the greenery of the centerpiece into a garland and using that as a runner? One or two lanterns? They're regular size picnic tables, can comfortably fit 4-5 adults on each side.

Pics are more than welcomed.

TIA!

ETA: What about votive candles alternating like the 3rd pic with any of the choices?

Share:

8 Comments

• Mrs. Fall Bride
    Master October 2016
    Mrs. Fall Bride ·

I like the 3rd pic a lot, I think that's very pretty with the white linens and greenery. The turquoise in that bouquet looks out of place to me though, with all the other muted tones in it.

• Mrs PNW Nugget
    Beginner September 2018
    Mrs PNW Nugget ·

I'm having doubts about the bouquet too but I can't really put my finger on what it is. I thought it was the brown that felt out of place but lately I'm not so sure. I like the turquoise for the pop of color, though I admit that I'm having a hard time incorporating the turquoise into the decorations in general without it having it look too loud to me. It's about one of the three things FH really cares about having incorporated in the wedding though so it's staying.

• MillerTime
    Devoted September 2018
    MillerTime ·

I agree, I like the third idea. That's actually one of my inspo pics too! I like the idea of the greenery for you instead of the runners to keep it natural. It also gives it some color and softer look.

• Mrs. Fall Bride
    Master October 2016
    Mrs. Fall Bride ·

He really cares about turquoise? Ok. Then I'd look on pinterest for turquoise-based bouquets, and find examples with more complimentary colors. It doesn't work with the dark green and brown.

• Mrs PNW Nugget
    Beginner September 2018
    Mrs PNW Nugget ·

Yeah, it's his favorite color and one of the few things he's asked for. I'll go back to the Pinterest drawing board and see if I can find something that meshes better.

• Mrs PNW Nugget
    Beginner September 2018
    Mrs PNW Nugget ·

Oh! I LOVE the turquoise lantern!

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·

@Mrs PNW Nugget- you don't have to pay for garland to get the look. Garland can be pricey as it is labor intensive. Just overlap cut greens down the length of the table from each end to the center where the lantern will be.

You can easily spray paint many lanterns. Check 5 Below for lanterns.

• Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·

I think the problem with turquoise is that turquoise flowers are so fake. Bring the color in thru ribbons, lanterns, BM dresses. Actually, turquoise dresses with table decs in natural colors like your last inspo pic would be lovely.

Comment on this discussion