SnappyLove2015
VIP April 2015

Centerpiece Ideas...Need thoughts *pics*

SnappyLove2015, on March 20, 2014 at 12:32 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 37
Saved Save

Hi Ladies! I wanted to get some feedback from the people who actually care and aren't tired of me talking about wedding everything! FH and I are big into beer and visiting all breweries we can. Beer is a part of us...and are dating life. So I was searching pinterets (at work like always) and saw some really creative ideas to "reuse" beer bottles, wine bottles, coke bottles and any glass type bottles and it got me thinking.

What are your thoughts on these? Do you think if done well they wont look "trashy" or like we are hardcore alcoholics! LOL. Our venue is at a Mexican Food restaurant on their beautifully gorgeous garden patio. Lots of lush greenery and tropical plants...and a few gorgeous tile mosaic fountains here and there. So...simple is key. Let me know...the pictures are just a few ideas I liked.

37 Comments

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·

I would do an arrangement like #3, but with the tropical flowers from #2. That would suit your venue the best.

• SnappyLove2015
    VIP April 2015
    SnappyLove2015 ·

Thanks Shannon. I was definitely thinking more tropically type flowers. Not 100% on colors as of yet...but Navy blue is one...and thinking of pairing it with a coral or salmon and then neutral tones to not over shadow the beauty of the space.

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·

I like #1, but the flower colors from #2.

I actually really hate the bottom part of #3 - it looks strange to me that they are on a plate charger and all the little stuff around the base just looks thrown there.

• Julia Beth
    VIP July 2014
    Julia Beth ·

I really like that first arrangement and don't think it looks trashy at all.

• FutureMrsIsa
    Super September 2014
    FutureMrsIsa ·

I love love love number one, but probably don't do the tree stump, maybe you can find a plastic pretty plate with a mexican type pattern to use as a trey. They have cheap ones at target like this. depending on your colors

• ArborDay
    VIP April 2014
    ArborDay ·

We are doing beer bottles on the tree trunk cuts as well. Our florist suggested cutting the tops off the beer bottles to allow for larger flower arrangements.

• SnappyLove2015
    VIP April 2015
    SnappyLove2015 ·

@ CeCe - im not a fan of #3 really. Just like the different bottle types. But totally agree the base is weird.

@Mrslsa - those are cute! Thanks I didn't even think of something like that! Not into the tree stump part at all.

• Jemma
    VIP July 2014
    Jemma ·

I agree that the first arrangement is the best, with the flowers from the second. Those plates with a Mexican type pattern are a great idea too.

• FutureMrsIsa
    Super September 2014
    FutureMrsIsa ·

And i agree with cece on the flowers from #2!

• M
    Master May 2014
    MizizAngi ·

I like #1

• SnappyLove2015
    VIP April 2015
    SnappyLove2015 ·

@Juliibeth - Thanks. I was afraid that some would think they are trashy. LOL

• Mrs.ChanelNewNew
    VIP November 2014
    Mrs.ChanelNewNew ·

I think it works! I like all three. You can definitely pull something together that still looks classy and compliments the venue.

Master September 2014
    *Rigby* ·

I love the top one!!

• Tracy
    VIP February 2015
    Tracy ·

I agree with Shannon. Mixing the painted bottles in #3 with the arrangement in #2 would look great and suit your venue.

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·

I like number one - those flowers are great, but more colorful ones would look just as amazing.

• SnappyLove2015
    VIP April 2015
    SnappyLove2015 ·

Thanks ladies! I'm so excited now. Can't wait to show my fiance. He will love it the idea of getting to drink more beers. Gives us an excuse to try other types we haven't yet...now i'm judging by the bottle! LOL

• TiffanyShay
    Master October 2014
    TiffanyShay ·

I like #1or #2

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·

I like #3 with the flowers from #1 or #2.

Also, have you thought about incorporating hops in your bouquet or centerpieces? That could be a more subtle tribute to beer

• M
    Master May 2014
    MizizAngi ·

Be careful with using real hops - they stink!

• M
    VIP April 2014
    Mrs. Courtney Baytop ·

I like #1

Comment on this discussion