Katie
Super June 2014

Centerpiece help!

Katie, on April 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 20
Saved Save

Looking for a little advice on these centerpieces. Our color scheme is Orange and Grey with Chevron accent patterns. We want to do the taller vase and put either baby's breath or roses in the top. The oranges will be all the way up the side of the vase ( we ran out of oranges when we were cutting originally) We want to use real flowers, but not spend a lot by doing elaborate big centerpieces. The smaller round one will have a floating candle and floating orange slices. These were our first "trials". We are also contemplating using a few lemons/limes to add more color as well. Would different flowers look better? Our wedding will be fairly casual, but it is at a country club.

20 Comments

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Whoops. Hopefully these pictures will be the right way...

• V
    Devoted March 2015
    Victoria and Ralph ·
    • Flag

I absolutely love baby's breath centerpieces. They are way more cost effective than roses, and I feel like they give a very elegant but relaxed impression!

• LillyBride
    VIP May 2014
    LillyBride ·
    • Flag

I think that's going to be just gorgeous!

• Future Mrs
    Devoted October 2014
    Future Mrs ·
    • Flag

For the smaller round on could u just do the floating candle and then add orange colored rocks/cyrstals? I think the orange slices just push the candle to the side

• KimS
    Master September 2014
    KimS ·
    • Flag

I agree with Future Mrs. The bowl needs something a little different, or maybe instead of one big candle, you use a few smaller ones interspersed with the slices to keep things from being pushed to one side?

Love the tall vases!

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

The floating candle was just an example of what the person I am borrowing the vases from had at her house, we were going to look into smaller ones that would be about the same size as the orange slices. I was steering away from rocks/crystals because I would have no use for them afterwards and am trying to stay budget friendly.

• A&G
    Master August 2014
    A&G ·
    • Flag

Forget flowers, I think they look awesome just as they are! It's different and will really get people talking.

• BostonBride
    Super September 2015
    BostonBride ·
    • Flag

Are you going to allow a guest from each table to take the centerpiece home? If so, the rocks/crystals are their problem! Smiley winking

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

Definitely skip rocks and crystals-- they are just added crap. Your centerpieces are low waste as they are now-- I'd keep it that way Smiley smile

I think I would add lemons to the shorter round vases (so there's some orange and some yellow), and then use yellow roses on top of the taller vases (with just oranges inside-- so there's some orange in yellow). I'd skip the limes-- all three colors together will make it look like a neon explosion.

Very nicely done! Smiley smile

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Boston Bride - I am borrowing the vases so they will be returned afterward, no guests will be taking them home. They can take the Chevron circles if they want though, its just fabric covering a pizza cardboard!

Barbara - I really like the idea of lemons and oranges together, i will have to try that and see how it looks. And yellow roses! Love!

• Brianna
    Super November 2014
    Brianna ·
    • Flag

It's a really good ideal to do the oranges and lemons in the centerpieces if you are doing baby's breath since it kind of stinks, the citrus smell might help to cover that. I agree with the shorter ones maybe add a few more slices of the oranges and a few more candles so that it looks more full.

• Erica J
    Devoted April 2014
    Erica J ·
    • Flag

I love it!! So unique, esp with the Chevron added in which is totally popular right now.

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Will your guests be able to see over the taller vases when they're sitting at the table?

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Will your guests be able to see over the taller vases when they're sitting at the table?

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

The tall vases are only 12 inches tall and 5 inches wide, so they don't take up much room and people will be able to still see across the table. The bowls are 8 inches tall.

• Riki
    Master August 2014
    Riki ·
    • Flag

I don't love the short round one, but I think the taller vase is to die for. I would use white flowers. And maybe even have whole oranges and grapefruit around the vases on the table. You could let your guests take the fruit as favors...One things for sure, your reception is going to smell DIVINE! I wish I could be a fruit fly on the wall for that one :-)

• Riki
    Master August 2014
    Riki ·
    • Flag

What about beautiful Magnolias...That would look and smell awesome with the oranges...Mix in white roses and gardenias...

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

OMG I absolutely love the use of real oranges!!! Gorgeous!

• KimS
    Master September 2014
    KimS ·
    • Flag

Http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aHljlUYw9vA/TfjhC7k43aI/AAAAAAAAAZE/uHdrr7SrYKo/s1600/DSC_0006.JPG

http://blumen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/img3A.jpg

Something like these?

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·
    • Flag

Baby's breath is cheap and has a nice fluffiness to it. Also look at daisy pomps. They're cheap, long-lasting, and fun!

Comment on this discussion