Diane
Dedicated January 2018

Centerpiece help

Diane, on December 6, 2017 at 8:55 AM Posted in Do It Yourself

I need help from all you creative WW people. I'm trying to put together a mock centerpiece and it just doesn't seem right. The brewery on the growler needs to be visible because they are our "table numbers" there will also be babies breath in the growler. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Share:

50 Comments

• Diane
    Dedicated January 2018
    Diane ·

Second view

• Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·

The growler is far too big in comparison to the glass pieces. The piece of wood is also too small.

• Kristen328
    Super September 2018
    Kristen328 ·

I like the concept! Everything seems too crowded on the wood so I think the wood needs to be bigger.

• Candy
    Expert May 2018
    Candy ·

I do not like the different color beans in the glasses

• Emily
    Expert May 2018
    Emily ·

I think the glassware and growler are fine, but definitely a larger slab of wood. it looks like they're crammed on it, like if they moved even a little away from each other they'd be hanging off the edge. i think if you just got larger diameter wood slabs and spread things out, with the flowers it would be great.

• Mary
    Savvy March 2019
    Mary ·

Putting baby's breath in the growler is going to make it even taller than the other glasses. I agree with PP about the seeds... not a fan. If you do the baby's breath in the growler, maybe you could use a glass stein or something like that for one of the candles? That might be too chunky, just trying to think of something that can stand up to the growler if that makes sense.

I do love that the breweries are your table numbers!

• Diane
    Dedicated January 2018
    Diane ·

The "beans" are actually barley (used in brewing beer) the lighter is used in lagers (my favorite) and the darker used in stouts (FH's fav) they are a must for me

• Diane
    Dedicated January 2018
    Diane ·

Is it better if I use just one glass? Doesn't seem as crowded?

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2019
    ThePeoplesBride ·

OP, you can probably mix the two types of barley. It's the stripes that really throws them off for me.

After that, I think all you'll need us a larger slab of wood. It's a very solid concept.

• Light Haired Girl
    Expert February 2018
    Light Haired Girl ·

I just think the labels on the growler is way too small. Guests will have to get really close to see it. That could get awkward. Otherwise it looks fine.

• K
    Beginner June 2018
    Kristin ·

How about growler in the center of the wood and the two candles next to it on each side on the table. Would you consider mixing the barley so both colors are distributed throughout rather than the sections? I think that's what's throwing it off for me. I like the concept though!

• Diane
    Dedicated January 2018
    Diane ·

Progress?

• Diane
    Dedicated January 2018
    Diane ·

@light haired girl I have worried about that and I've heard people can have difficulties finding tables when there is no real order (like with numbers) so my seating chart is also like a map

• Mary
    Savvy March 2019
    Mary ·

Looks much nicer mixed! I still think a bigger slab of wood and still have 2 candles. Odd numbers look better.

• Shanna
    Dedicated June 2018
    Shanna ·

Agree with everyone above - you need a larger wood piece.

Or get rid of the wood piece, add more goblets with candles and little tea lights on the table.

• Mags
    Super July 2018
    Mags ·

I don't think the growler needs to be so big. Why not add something smaller? Just having the barley present captures the brewery concept. What about adding something like this? I do like the candle holders w the barley. Sometimes less is more.

• Diane
    Dedicated January 2018
    Diane ·

Will definitely go looking for larger wood slabs

• Diane
    Dedicated January 2018
    Diane ·

Some of the growlers are even bigger. They are from breweries we've gone to together or from our favorite companies. (I may be able to replace this one with a smaller from the same location)

• Mary
    Savvy March 2019
    Mary ·

Maybe you could put your baby's breath in a mason jar as your third thing so that you don't increase the height of the growlers?

• Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·

Odd numbers! A growler and a candle look awkward.

Comment on this discussion