K
Just Said Yes June 2019

Casual inns in CT, MA, VT

Kristen, on October 12, 2017 at 11:45 AM Posted in Planning 0 2
Saved Save

Hi everyone!

Thinking of getting married in June 2019 with ~100 guests. We don’t have a budget nailed down yet but I don’t see us able to spend more than $25k or so on the whole shebang.

We’re looking for a venue in MA, CT, or VT that would allow my fiance and I to rent the whole place out for the weekend. Think bonfire and pizza rehearsal dinner on Friday, most guests staying on site and hanging out on Saturday, outdoor ceremony, family-style reception (bbq?), late night party, breakfast in the morning.

We don’t want a ritzy inn (not our scene, not in our budget, not affordable for our guests), but we also don’t want to camp the night of our wedding. Somewhere in between.

Most inns require use of in-house catering, which I suppose is to be expected, but can be super expensive. The Inn at Manchester in VT allows outside catering and looks awesome. Anyone know of other BYO catering places, or inns with less expensive (but still tasty) catering options?

Thanks!

2 Comments

• Abbie
    Devoted April 2018
    Abbie ·

OP, my venue sounds like almost exactly what you're looking for. Check out Sleepy Hollow Inn in Huntington, VT. No in-house caterer (or any vendor, for that matter, but they have a fabulous list to give you ideas.)

Breakfast is included for those who stay at the Inn (like, real country breakfast, not cold cereal and fruit as many hotels often serve) and you can add it for those who aren't. They've got a huge fire pit with swings, an outdoor sauna, several options for where to hold the ceremony...and it's beautiful up that way.

The only downside is you wouldn't be able to have everyone on-site. They sleep up to 22 people in the Inn. But there are several Inns and a few hotels relatively close by, so it's not to say that everyone couldn't come hang out for the day or go explore.

• A.L.S.
    VIP September 2017
    A.L.S. ·

CT RIver valley inn does allow you to rent their whole location out not sure on guest allotment

Comment on this discussion