B
Dedicated November 2019

Caribbean Honeymooners

Beth, on November 14, 2018 at 5:07 PM Posted in Honeymoon
Are you planning to fly to your Caribbean honeymoon in one day or flying to a layover city to spend the night and finish the trip the next day? We are flying from Arizona to St. Lucia and if we fly in one day it is a 11 hours total to fly and another hour drive to our resort. We are Considering splitting up the trip with an overnight layover in Miami. Any advice?

Share:

7 Comments

• firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·

It's really a personal choice. I'd rather get to my destination as quickly as possible. Are you going to Sandals? We went to Regency La Toc in St. Lucia and it was fabulous!

• PurdyAikey
    Super January 2019
    PurdyAikey ·

We are planning on going to Punta Cana from New Mexico (HI NEIGHBOR!) We booked our trip all in one day because we just want to get there. The lay over places for us were not ideal (Chicago in January or Atlanta) definitely not where we want to spend our first night of our Honeymoon!

We do a lot of LETS DO EVERYTHING TRIPS... Where we travel from place to place, and we are always exhausted because we try to fit EVERYTHING in a vacation. So we agreed this trip would be a lets get there, stay there, and enjoy some time doing nothing! So having a layover was out of the question.

Our flight/layover out is 12, and our flight/layover back is 8. It is unfortunate because we leave at 6 am (330 am to get to the airport on time), and arrive at 10 pm their time, so we are basically paying for that day to get there and go to sleep! lol

• B
    Dedicated November 2019
    Beth ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We are going to split our time between Sandals Grande and Sugar Beach!
  • C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    I see the point of just getting there already! But I say split it up, if you do it all in one day, that day is pretty much shot and you’ve “wasted” a day of your honeymoon on planes, not fun! Stop in Miami and enjoy the city. Even if it’s just dinner and relaxing by he hotel pool. Then fly out early the next day and you can enjoy St Lucia nice and rested
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·

Hi Beth! Your St. Lucia honeymoon sounds absolutely lovely!

I agree, it's really up to you! Splitting the trip with an overnight layover is definitely an option, especially if you foresee yourselves being very tired and/or you'd like to spend a little detour night in Miami, which would be a fun stop on the way! On the other hand, the 11 hours of total travel will get you to your destination the fastest. Either way is a great plan, depending on what you and your fiancé(e) prefer.

Are you leaving for your honeymoon right after your wedding day? Or is it a delayed honeymoon?

• B
    Dedicated November 2019
    Beth ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We will be leaving to days after the wedding. We wanted a day to recover and spend some time with out of town guest before heading out .
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    View Quoted Comment

Makes perfect sense, Beth! Do you have a lot of guests coming from out-of-state, too?

Comment on this discussion