M
Savvy September 2014

Calling it off

M, on August 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved Save

How do I go about calling the wedding off? 29 days until what would have been a dream come true.

Sorry to dapper the mood, never thought this would happen to me. Devastated.

15 Comments

• Z
    Master May 2012
    Zoe ·

Start with your closest friend, and have her help you spread the word. I'm sorry about this.

• J
    VIP July 2015
    Jesse's Girl ·

I am so sorry! If you have a website, post it on there. Divide up the guest list and ask your family or attendants to help in calling the guests and let them know. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·

I had to call off a wedding three weeks out. It's a hard and unpleasant thing to do. My WP and I split my vendors and notified them with a phone call or via email. I sent out postcards saying the wedding was off to guests. Close friends and family were told verbally.

I am also sorry you are dealing with this. It is devastating and hurts like hell. It will get better with time, however. Trust me I know.

• 8815wedding
    VIP August 2015
    8815wedding ·

Ugh so sorry to hear that. I would divide the list up among your bridal party and make them do all the work. If it's only a few calls per person then I'm sure they won't mind, and it's much easier when it's a friend in the bridal party who can field questions by just saying "honestly it's a personal issue that I think you should talk to M about when she's feeling up to it." When family is making the calls they get long and personal and generally worse than they have to be. (I know this from a close friend who was in the BP for a family member whose wedding was called off 3 days before).

• S&R
    Super September 2015
    S&R ·

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you.

• Mrs. A Fernandez
    Super May 2015
    Mrs. A Fernandez ·

I am so sorry to hear this. Once upon a time, I did this very thing. I am hoping for sunshine after the rain. Be blessed.

• Lindsay Y
    VIP July 2014
    Lindsay Y ·

Definitely ask your BP and close family for help. Sorry to hear this

• F
    Expert May 2015
    FutureMrsM ·

This happened to me some years ago. I'd start with vendors first then contact guests. You will make it through this....you're in my prayers.

• StitchingBride
    Master October 2014
    StitchingBride ·

So sorry - the right one is out there, just wasn't him this time.

I called off a wedding years ago.

I descirbe it this way, "picked the wrong man, gave the wrong finger"

• MrsJohnston
    Super October 2014
    MrsJohnston ·

Sending love and prayers your way hun ♡♡

I agree with the ladies on here divide it up with your BP, they will help you through this.

• Kari  Taggard
    June 2019
    Kari Taggard ·

So sorry. Better to find out now though then later. (Hugs)

• Jenn...Mrs. F!
    VIP September 2014
    Jenn...Mrs. F! ·

I think you got the best advice from the ladies already...so sorry my dear. (((hugs)))

• Nancy Taussig
    June 2019
    Nancy Taussig ·

You or the groom should notify your vendors (so they know it is official). On the rare occasions that it has happened with any of my couples, I e-mail a confirmation to both B&G.

Your BMs and groom's GM divide up the guest list and make calls. Calls would be faster than mail and may save guests travel fees if they can cancel sooner rather than later.

Sorry to hear it did not work out for you.

• MissLulu
    Expert September 2016
    MissLulu ·

I'm so sorry to hear about this! You're in my thoughts! Sending you love and hugs.

• Terry
    VIP January 2015
    Terry ·

Im so sorry.... ask vendors to give a credit that you can use at a later date.. that way you wont lose your deposits..

My prayers are with you.. Im so sorry

Comment on this discussion