CaliBride2B
Expert May 2016

California Honeymoon Hotels

CaliBride2B, on January 28, 2016 at 5:39 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
Saved Save

Anyone doing a California honeymoon? What hotels/places/activities do you recommend? I've been looking at Napa, Santa Barbara or Laguna Beach. My fiance doesn't want to fly so we're kinda limited to a 8 hour drive radius! We're in the SF area so anywhere outside the city would be awesome.

7 Comments

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·

Santa Ynez/Solvang are so beautiful and romantic for a honeymoon. I love Avila Beach too--hotel Avila La Fonda and Sycamore Hot Springs are awesome. I live in Santa Barbara and the choices of activities are endless: hiking, museums, restaurants, nightlife. My birthday is in February and I mentioned to my DH that I would like to go to Catalina, have you considered going there? No flights required.

• BrideTawny
    Devoted September 2016
    BrideTawny ·

I live in a small town 30miles inland of Santa Barbara called Solvang, look it up, its a small danish town, I don't know if anyone would actually honeymoon here but it would be a beautiful place to stop by as there are tons of wineries and great restaurants. And of course Santa Barbara is amazing, beautiful, historic and theres so much to do. And if you end up going to Laguna, look into Casa Laguna Inn! We stayed there for a weekend get away and it was romantic, quite and beautiful.

• CaliBride2B
    Expert May 2016
    CaliBride2B ·

Thanks ladies! I'm definitely going to look up Solvang, sounds interesting!

• BrideTawny
    Devoted September 2016
    BrideTawny ·

Let me know if you have any questions or need ideas. Defiantly take a look at a map, this area is combined of a lot of small towns known as the Santa Ynez Valley. Also note, everything closes very early around here (Photo: taken down the street)

@Mrs. B - We have been talking about a weekend trip to Sycamore Hot Springs for so long!

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·

@BrideTawny, it is pretty romantic and we found a weekday deal thru group on, definitely worth it! Those mineral waters are MAGIC! We love Avila Beach because it is so small and quaint.

• Kathryn
    Super July 2016
    Kathryn ·

We're going to Napa and San Francisco! Don't have hotels picked out yet, though

• Corinne_
    Master September 2016
    Corinne_ ·

I think Mendocino is incredibly romantic. And there are some really cute B&Bs up in Ferndale.

Comment on this discussion