Katie
Devoted August 2019

Cake!!

Katie, on January 7, 2019 at 6:12 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 29
Saved Save
Hey everyone! FH and I are going for 3 cake tastings over the next week so I thought this might be a fun time to ask for help!

Send me some of the most popular fun flavors for party cakes! Trying to stay away from straight vanilla/chocolate and make it fun. But still enjoyable for everyone!

If you had your wedding or have thrown a party with cake/cupcakes before, what flavors was everyone raving about?

29 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·

We haven't picked out flavors (or even our baker) yet, but we plan to do funfetti for our top layer. It's a same sex wedding and this will be our only subtle rainbow reference, plus we think that funfetti is just such a fun celebratory flavor!

• Katie
    Devoted August 2019
    Katie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Such a cute idea, Caytlyn!!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·

For a summer wedding, I would love LEMON cake/cupcake. But just in case I'm in the mood something CHOCOLATE-Y is nice (or a mocha/coffee flavor with chocolate frosting--yum yum).

• Tiara
    Dedicated April 2019
    Tiara ·
    We’re doing three flavors: red velvet, key lime, and butter creme

I would also try lemon or strawberry
  • Shannon
    Expert October 2017
    Shannon ·
    Our cake was chocolate with vanilla buttercream frosting. My husband's only request for the wedding was that we didn't get some weird flavor for our cake. Chocolate is his favorite. I personally would love red velvet, carrot cake or spice cake with cream cheese frosting or something coffee flavored.
  • Anjelica
    Savvy September 2019
    Anjelica ·

We just ordered our cake this past weekend! We ordered a 2 tier marble cake with fudge filling and white buttercream. Still pretty traditional, but made it unique with the fudge filling!

• Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique ·
    The favorite we have had so far is raspberry champagne with passion fruit butter cream and raspberry filling
  • Brianna
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brianna ·
    We are doing cinnamon roll and cream cheese filling and marble with a custard filling! 4 tiers and just alternating the 2 flavors
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·

We did all lemon cake with lemon curd filling and white chocolate ganache frosting. It was AMAZING. We expected to have a bunch of left overs but people loved it so much, they ate more than one piece!

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·

Our main cake was almond then chocolate.

but our second smaller cake was Strawberries and Champagne. It was HEAVEN! We had lemon cake pops that went really fast as well.

• Arkilia
    Super October 2020
    Arkilia ·
    Lemon is my favorite, Dulce de leche is also my favorite and pink champagne is also good.
  • Sydni
    Dedicated March 2019
    Sydni ·
    We are doing our grooms cake funfetti with sprinkles covering the outside!
  • Future Mrs. Robinson1120
    Devoted November 2020
    Future Mrs. Robinson1120 ·
    Red velvet
    Confetti
    Chocolate chip cake with a chocolate filling
    White chocolate cake with blueberry filling
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·

Our wedding cake is going to be two tiers of white cake with cannoli filling and two tiers of chocolate cake with cookies and cream filling. We picked our flavors in about 5 minutes, they were so delicious.

• Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina ·
    Im having cupcakes and one of the things I want is fun flavours. We haven't decided yet but my top choices are Root Beer Float, S'mores, Lemon and Raspberry, and Boston Cream. 🙂
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg root beer float, s'mores, and Boston cream are my FAVORITE! I think I need to come to your wedding to try this cake
  • Chanae
    Dedicated June 2019
    Chanae ·
    We just had our tasting a few week ago. We settled on a 3 tier cake.
    Top tier - lemon & strawberry marble
    Middle - white chocolate
    Bottom - lemon (it's my all time favorite flavor)
  • Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·

Our cake was vanilla chiffon with a pumpkin mousse filling and cognac buttercream frosting. Since it was a fall wedding I wanted to incorporate a bit of that into the cake. It was delicious.

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·

We picked two flavours for our cake. The first one I knew I wanted from the beginning, but the second flavour took me by surprise. For one tier we are having vanilla with raspberry buttercream. And the second will be chocolate cake with cinnamon honey buttercream. I have never had this flavour before and OMG was it GOOOOOD! Another flavour that was really good was a burnt caramel buttercream with the chocolate cake and a lemon buttercream with the chocolate cake.

When you go cake tasting, don’t be afraid to try combinations you wouldn’t normally think of. I went to a wedding where the cake was red velvet but with cannoli filling instead of cream cheese icing and it was AMAZING!

• Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina ·
    View Quoted Comment

Come on over!

Comment on this discussion