J
Dedicated October 2019

Cake

Jacquie, on March 1, 2019 at 2:04 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 13
Saved Save
I am starting to think about what cake and filling I want. What has everyone done for there cake flavors?

13 Comments

• Nisa
    Super March 2019
    Nisa ·

Two tiers vanilla, one tier lemon, no fillings. We decided against chocolate because we knew if we did chocolate, we'd want a lot of it, and we couldn't have chocolate on the base tier. So we decided to go with something safe (vanilla) for the majority of the cake and splurge with the lemon

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    You can do different flavors per tier of you wish! That way, you & your fiancé(e) each get to pick a combo you like.

To fit our 50’s/60’s theme we did vanilla cake. Two layers chocolate Bavarian cream, one layer baked apples. Delicious.
  • Calio
    Dedicated March 2019
    Calio ·
    My bottom layer is strawberry, filled with strawberry jam and cream cheese, and the top two layers are Italian cream with cream cheese filling. I am so ready!!
  • Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    None for me. I opted out of a cake!!!
  • Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·

Two tiers:

Vanilla Cake w/Raspberry buttercream
    Chocolate Cake w/cinnamon honey buttercream

We're using buttercream for the filling as well since my FH doesn't like other fillings.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    We're doing basic white cake with buttercream and a chocolate fudge filling
  • Samantha
    Dedicated June 2019
    Samantha ·
    We’re doing two layers:
    -cookies and cream: chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream mixed with chopped Oreos
    -peaches and cream: vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and peach curd

The flavors are non traditional and they don’t go together, but they were freaking delicious 😋
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    We are having a beach reception in the keys I am thinking with one of our layers doing something with key lime and idk my fiancee wants one layer a marble or yellow cake.
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    They peaches and cream sounds yummy
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jacquie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    The raspberry sounds good not sure what the chocolate and cinnamon will taste like but I am a chocolate lover so should be good
  • Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I wasn’t sure about it at first, but my FH wanted to try it. It was amazing! Best chocolate cake I’ve ever had!
  • Renae
    Dedicated August 2019
    Renae ·

We are having a small wedding so we are doing a tall single tier of Carrot Cake.

• Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·

I'm doing vanilla cake with raspberry filling.

Comment on this discussion