Kara
Expert May 2019

Cake Topper Fail

Kara, on March 19, 2019 at 11:10 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save
So.. after I got my taxes back I started ordering some of the small things for the wedding. The first thing I ordered was our cake topper. It took the longest to get to me. It came yesterday and was so excited to open it... I opened it with my fiancé and as soon as I saw it said “uh..no” my fiancé looked and starts laughing. They misspelled the last name and he starts joking going “We are the SeelAYs.. Ayyyy!” Lol. Last name is actually “Seeley” Now I laugh about it plus the lady on Etsy is sending me a new one with the correct spelling but I was so frustrated when I opened it. Excited to get the new one because this one turned out amazing besides the misspelling. Lol just had to share this story.

Cake Topper Fail 1

11 Comments

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

Omg, I am so glad they corrected it for you and that there's plenty of time for them to send the new one! That is pretty funny. And lucky you on the taxes haha, I'm getting a refund too but my accountant messed up so I haven't gotten it yet >Smiley sad

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    It’s hard to tell, but the symbol on the guy on this cake topper is the Superman symbol. My fiancé has always loved the Superman symbol and said Superman fits him well, plus the S also goes with Seeley.
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

Could you pull the last name off the bottom (carefully) and reuse the top part in some way? That way it wouldn't be a total fail. Also, we're wedding date buddies!

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg I see that now! That's such a cool subtle touch, I love it.

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I want to figure out something to use it for because it’s super cute aside from the misspelling.
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Possibly by the guestbook? That was my first thought.

• Future Mrs. Polar Bear
    Super April 2019
    Future Mrs. Polar Bear ·
    • Flag

Are you going to keep it as a momento?

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes we will use it for something I’m sure. House decor of some sort.
  • Fmv
    Super October 2020
    Fmv ·
    • Flag
    Oh gosh this is to cute! I would still keep this and put it somewhere in the wedding. The gift table or by guest book if you are having one?could you post the etsy account you bought them from!? I love this and would love to check out her etsy account
    Please and thank you
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Agreed. We will definitely use it in someway. Just was frustrating when I first saw it but she’s been very easy to work with. Lemme look it up!
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

https://etsy.me/2leFlKo

This should be the link for the shop I bought from on Etsy. It’s called “TopperForWedding”

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics