Nattybug2010
Devoted October 2014

Cake Sample [with photo!]

Nattybug2010, on July 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save

Yesterday we got to sample our wedding cake! To me it seems that we are doing everything way ahead of schedule, but I am okay with that! I hate procrastinating. My best friend's mom is making our wedding cake at no cost and she's just wonderful. I had no idea she would be making a sample yesterday, but when we went over to her house for a get together, she had crafted two tiers! There will be some differences on the wedding day, such as another tier on the bottom, maybe different flowers, ribbon in-between each layer and of course our cake topper. It's marble with raspberry filling and it's DELICIOUS!! What are you guys doing for your cake? Smiley smile Share details! And photos if you wish Smiley smile

9 Comments

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

Looks good!

• FinallyMrsW
    VIP October 2014
    FinallyMrsW ·
    • Flag

I have Celiacs and we have alot of people coming to our wedding with gluten allergies so we are having two layers of GF Raspberry with Almond icing and 2 layers spice with almond icing (sounds gross but was amazing!) Here is my inspiration pic!

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

You are way ahead of me in that department! Cake will be the last thing I think about and mostly likely wont be until January or February!

• Nattybug2010
    Devoted October 2014
    Nattybug2010 ·
    • Flag

@Kels - That actually does sound delicious! And the picture is gorgeous. Smiley smile

@Maltese - Yeah we definitely got this out of the way early, lol. I think if someone else was making our cake we would have probably waited a lot longer. I can say it's nice to have one more thing checked off.

• M
    Expert April 2015
    MeganM ·
    • Flag

This is *sort of* what I'm doing. I'll have three tears, and some more flowers. And each tier will be chocolate and white with strawberry filling in between.

• Future Mrs.Whitaker
    VIP August 2014
    Future Mrs.Whitaker ·
    • Flag

My FMIL is making my cake next Thursday morning. It will be similar to the below cake with 3 teirs and yellow gum paste flowers instead of real flowers. It will also have sparkly hot pink ribbon around the bottom of each of the layers. and a big W for the topper

• Nattybug2010
    Devoted October 2014
    Nattybug2010 ·
    • Flag

@Megan - Yum! That sounds super tasty.

@Future Mrs. Whitaker - That cake is gorgeous. Sparkly hot pink ribbon will definitely look awesome.

• MrsDitlow
    Super September 2015
    MrsDitlow ·
    • Flag

This is our cake inspiration but we probably won't have the strawberries on it. We are having minecraft figures cake topper.

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Marble and raspberry sound amazing. We did cupcakes!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics