We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rye
VIP October 2014

Cake Inspiration

Rye, on June 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 16
Saved Save

On Saturday we have a meeting with our bakery! I've been searching for some cake inspiration... so show me yours!

16 Comments

• Rebecca
    Super July 2014
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Our cake will be a single layer white cake. We are having them add a silver ribbon and some flowers that will match by bouquet. (probably purple).

This photo is sort of what were basing it off of but our planner is working with the bakery on the design of it so we will not know what it looks like until the day of.

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·
    • Flag

Our cake will be a 3-tiered vanilla cake with amaretto buttercream. It will have horizontal evenly spaced lines with two sprays of sugar flowers on opposite corners in champagne, blush, gold accent peonies and roses.

• Stacy
    VIP August 2014
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

We're having a small 2 tier cake, similar to the top 2 tiers in the pic...but the ribbon will be camo...

• J
    VIP June 2015
    JHazel ·
    • Flag

I want to have a small cake sitting on top of a cupcake tower. The blue cake is the design and color that I would like for the cake, the next picture is how I want it to come together. We're having a small wedding, so I thought a small cake for us to cut would be nice, and then maybe would could get different flavor cupcakes for everyone to try.

• Mrs*Smalley
    Expert March 2014
    Mrs*Smalley ·
    • Flag

My cake. Red velvet with cream cream cheese frosting and mango sauce.

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·
    • Flag

We can't decide but we like these two.

• Mrs.Ekstrom
    Expert September 2014
    Mrs.Ekstrom ·
    • Flag

This is what I love but with calla lilies and hydrangeas

• LaToya
    Devoted September 2014
    LaToya ·
    • Flag

This is my inspiration. We will have bling at the top of each layer (cake will be four layers)

• Milwaukee_Bride
    VIP August 2014
    Milwaukee_Bride ·
    • Flag

Before we decided against a cake (cupcakes instead) these were my inspirations:

• Mrs Rueckert
    Expert November 2014
    Mrs Rueckert ·
    • Flag

My inspiration Smiley smile

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

Love ours. it'll be slightly different with purple flowers strewn throughout and purple ribbon rather than the cream in the picture.

• windinyourhair
    Super May 2014
    windinyourhair ·
    • Flag

White cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting. Smiley smile the flowers and pearls are all edible.

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·
    • Flag

Here is what we are doing but only 3 tiers.

• songbird
    VIP March 2014
    songbird ·
    • Flag

The design for ours was based on the cake topper (from my grandparents' wedding in 1944) and on my dress. It is white "relief" on gold.

Originally wanted buttercream (and there is buttercream under that fondant) but the baker recommended using the fondant to help keep the cake at the correct moistness given our venue and the type of cake (gluten-free).

• kLo
    VIP August 2014
    kLo ·
    • Flag

I'm currently obsessed with this cake. The pastry chef is totally booked though so I'm hunting to find someone else who can replicate it.

• Abby
    VIP October 2021
    Abby ·
    • Flag

This was ours! I wanted to have purple fondant ribbons going around the base of each tier, but had a miscommunication with the baker.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles