mallory
VIP May 2014

Bye bye knot - introduction to me - long post :) And bustle opinions

mallory, on November 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 41
Saved Save

So when I got engaged last year I joined the knot. My family sells to their store and it was the only site I could think of to use to help plan my wedding... well I finally got found this website and would snoop around to see what all could help and see if any of you lovely ladies could answer my questions...Well over the last month or so I have stopped using the know... as WW is hands down the best and I would be lost without this website and all the ladies out there.... This is a true community and I am so happy I found this site... bye bye The Knot I will no longer be using their site and am finishing up my wedding website with WW and deleting the one I tried to make with The Knot... did not like it at all!!!! Not trying to trash their site... I just am obsessed with WW and I have actually been able to get ideas for my wedding here!

I also realized I never really "introduced" myself on here due to my switch and kinda rushed to book so much lately so here is my about me I guess

41 Comments

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW.

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

Welcome! I'm sure you're family's store won't get penalized.

HOLY SHIT! DATE TWIN!

• mallory
    VIP May 2014
    mallory ·
    • Flag

...My name is Mallory Smiley smile I just moved home to VA after living in Myrtle Beach for four years. Just graduated with a degree in Communications. If any of you have seen the TLC show Myrtle Manor... yes those people are real and two of them are my closest friends that I would be lost without. I met my fh in highschool and we went to prom together but that was it... I moved away and he chased after me for 3 years before I ever gave him a chance... He always said I was the one that got away but he never gave up on getting me back and now we will get married in May.....

• CaitlinWife
    VIP November 2013
    CaitlinWife ·
    • Flag

Yay WW! Welcome! Tell us about your wedding.

• TeamFord
    Devoted February 2014
    TeamFord ·
    • Flag

Welcome and Congrats!! I love this site too!!

• mallory
    VIP May 2014
    mallory ·
    • Flag

I do still order stuff from them so it's all good Smiley smile

• Rubicole
    VIP August 2014
    Rubicole ·
    • Flag

Welcome Smiley smile

• Niecy Sparkles
    VIP August 2014
    Niecy Sparkles ·
    • Flag

Wellllll welcome!! Never been on the knot! But I've heard lots lol. YESSSS I also want to know about your wedding.

• mallory
    VIP May 2014
    mallory ·
    • Flag

My wedding will be an outdoor ceremony and the reception will be in the ball room... I have a ballgown dress and a second dress with a golden tint to it... It will be rustic meets glitter! We have a doughnut truck coming as a surprise for guest...and so much more.

and it's not that I don't love the knot... it's that I love the planning and community here so much more.. the people on this site are just amazing!

• Jackie
    Master October 2014
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW, mallory! Smiley smile

• Nay
    Master August 2014
    Nay ·
    • Flag

Welcome (officially) to WW Smiley smile

• Lacey
    Master May 2014
    Lacey ·
    • Flag

Welcome! We're date twins!! : )

• Mrs. Kommeren
    Master December 2013
    Mrs. Kommeren ·
    • Flag

Ahhh well welcome to WW! Glad to have you and happy planning!!

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

Welcome aboard! I, too, love it here and have gotten more ideas here than the other site.

• Private User
    Master March 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

My wedding website is through the knot but I do all my planning and conversing here. Smiley smile

• Erika*
    Super October 2015
    Erika* ·
    • Flag

Welcome!!!

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

Welcome, I have found myself borderline obsessed with the site. I spend almost as much time here as I do on Facebook (since I am out of work, that's quite a bit of time!)

• mallory
    VIP May 2014
    mallory ·
    • Flag

Yay two date twins!!!

KatieM520 I remember seeing your pictures over on there!! I love them!!! I jest feel like everyone on this site is here to truly help each other and be there for one another!!! I have learned so much from you all... being 22 and trying to plan this all on my own has been so hard but there are so many post on here that have answered my questions...

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

I did the same thing Mallory! unfortunately I printed my invites before I changed so I have to stick with them for my wedding website. I am kicking myself for that :/ I'd much rather use WW

• M
    VIP April 2014
    Mrs. Courtney Baytop ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW! And welcome back to VA as well. It's nice too see a couple of us on here.

Comment on this discussion