Fabiola
Dedicated May 2020

Brooch bouquet thoughts

Fabiola, on February 10, 2017 at 8:06 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 19
Saved Save

So yesterday I worked on my bouquet I showed it to a few people and did not get good reviews. Honestly, tell me what you think.

19 Comments

• Fabiola
    Dedicated May 2020
    Fabiola ·
    • Flag

The back

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·
    • Flag

I have mixed feelings, it's definitely missing something.

But the over riding opinion I have is that from ten feet away no one is going to care. And if you're happy go for it.

• rdlb
    Expert July 2017
    rdlb ·
    • Flag

I think you need more brooches to help fill it in. Do you like it though? Thats what matters.

• FME
    Master March 2018
    FME ·
    • Flag

If you love it, that's what matters, but I think it's missing something, like it needs to be filled in more, it doesn't look complete (IMHO). I also think the bead/pearl things look cheap, but that could just be the flash.

• Bemyguest
    Master April 2017
    Bemyguest ·
    • Flag

I think it's too monochromatic. The brooch bouquets I've seen have had some more color variation. The feathers or flowers (can't tell which it is) kinda look like hair to me.

Also the ones I've seen have a lot more brooches. Like almost entirely made of brooches. Will you post your inspo pic?

• FutureMrsSchafer
    Super March 2017
    FutureMrsSchafer ·
    • Flag

I think it needs to be more filled up. But its beautiful..

I know someone who had a brooch theme bridal shower and made her bouquet out of the brooches she recieved at her shower..

• SoonToBe Mrs. Green
    Super May 2017
    SoonToBe Mrs. Green ·
    • Flag

There's just a lot of white space.

• givemetheD
    Expert October 2017
    givemetheD ·
    • Flag

Eh I'm really not feeling the furry feather thing it has going on. My first thought was that it reminds me if some kind of fluffy dog with pins on it. Besides that I think it could use more brooches and agree with more color variation. Right now it's just kind of blah

• Van Pear
    VIP January 2017
    Van Pear ·
    • Flag

It's a good start but you definitely need more brooches. You can do it 1 of 2 ways.

1, get a LOT more brooches and overlap them, like below:

• Van Pear
    VIP January 2017
    Van Pear ·
    • Flag

Or 2, get a few more brooches and get a more dimensional filler, the feather don't stand out enough, like this one:

• GetMeBodied
    Devoted July 2017
    GetMeBodied ·
    • Flag

I'd suggest more brooches and flowers instead of feathers.

• Fabiola
    Dedicated May 2020
    Fabiola ·
    • Flag

Thank you all I'm definitely gonna add more brooches and faux flowers....update soon to come

• Gorgame
    Expert April 2017
    Gorgame ·
    • Flag

Change the pearls they look like plastic beads to me or a children's necklace . I suggest getting a pearl inspired hair chain instead .. something like this and the combs could double as added broaches

• Brittany
    Devoted September 2017
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

All I think you need is a few more brooches

• TheWrightGirl
    Super November 2017
    TheWrightGirl ·
    • Flag

If you need more brooches, you can buy them in bulk off of etsy. I believe the bag only cost $25.00

• SheSaidSherman
    Expert June 2017
    SheSaidSherman ·
    • Flag

It needs more brooches or more definition to the flowers. It looks like feathers instead of flowers to me.

• Cass
    VIP August 2017
    Cass ·
    • Flag

IMO you need way more, theres too much dead space. I see what you were trying to go for but it looks so blah when you want it to be like wow. Also im not a fan of the strands of pearls hanging from the sides, I think it would look better if those were put on after you fill in the entire thing.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag

I can see why you didn't get good reviews. It needs MOAR brooches.

• MrsVoegs17
    VIP September 2017
    MrsVoegs17 ·
    • Flag

More brooches, I ordered a 32-pack from Ebay for $24.99 and it was delivered in two days.

Comment on this discussion