Julie
VIP April 2018

Bridesmen? Who's done this... anyone? .....bueller.....

Julie, on January 19, 2017 at 5:01 PM Posted in Planning 0 32
Saved Save

So I've never intended to have a huge wedding party. Maybe 2 or 3 ladies. My FH has a close group of friends & having the opposite problem of cutting back, PLUS I have 2 brothers that he wants to include (& I think it's a nice gesture as well since I was included in both of their weddings). Has anyone ever had their brothers or guy best friends stand on the bride's side?

32 Comments

• GamblinWoman
    Devoted June 2017
    GamblinWoman ·
    • Flag

I haven't personally, but have seen it done many times. My aunt's wedding, her male best friend was her Man of Honor and I thought nothing of it.

Also, I went to a wedding last year that had uneven numbered bridal party (more men that women) and they had groomsmen and bridesmaids on each side to get the even numbers look. It was a first for me, but I don't think it was anything strange. It's what worked for the bride and groom.

• Nicole
    Dedicated April 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I currently have a bridesman in my wedding. I don't see any difference between having a guy or a girl on your side. I'm having my bridesman wear what our groomsmen are wearing.

• ZeldaBride
    Master April 2017
    ZeldaBride ·
    • Flag

My bridesman will be wearing the same style of clothes as the groomsmen, but will match my MOH in color.

• Julie
    Dedicated June 2017
    Julie ·
    • Flag

I have a bridesman and he'll wear the same attire as groomsmans but will maybe have a tie to match bridesmaid dresses.

• EM
    Master April 2017
    EM ·
    • Flag

One of my VIPs is gender fluid, so we are having them half match my FHs VIPs and half match mine. My FHs VIPs are wearing grey suits, white shirts and burgundy ties, and my VIPs are wearing burgundy dresses, so my VIP will be wearing grey slacks, burgundy shirt and grey vest, I think they are planning on wearing a bow tie too but I'm not sure.

Normally they just wear the same outfit as the groomsmen, but I wanted mine to be a bit different!

• K Dot
    Super June 2017
    K Dot ·
    • Flag

Yep, I have a bridesman. He will probably match the groomsmen.

• Julie
    VIP April 2018
    Julie ·
    • Flag

LOVE it! Thanks ladies for the feedback Smiley smile

• Karen
    Dedicated September 2017
    Karen ·
    • Flag

I have a man of honor, and he's going to somehow match the groomsmen

• Kathleen Smith
    November 2019
    Kathleen Smith ·
    • Flag

I have seen it done numerous times! Usually the bridesman is wearing the same tux/suit as the GM but a tie that matches the BMs' dresses. Make sure to include him in some of the bridal prep images.

• Catlady11317
    VIP January 2017
    Catlady11317 ·
    • Flag

My twin brother was my man of honor. He wore the same suit as the groomsmen but a different tie and shoes.

• Paige
    Dedicated August 2017
    Paige ·
    • Flag

How does the BRIDESMAN walk down the aisle? Do they walk in with the groomsmen?

• Kathleen Smith
    November 2019
    Kathleen Smith ·
    • Flag

Paige, every time I've seen it they come in just as the ladies would.

• Panda Bear
    Expert March 2018
    Panda Bear ·
    • Flag

I plan to have my brothers on my side and wearing the same as the GMs. @Paigr there are many options for entering whether everyone walks individually, the GMs start up front with your FH, or *God forbid* two men can walk next to each other. ETA: spelling

• Linds
    Master March 2017
    Linds ·
    • Flag

Years ago I was MOH in my best friend's wedding, and her brother stood next to me. When we left, he and I walked out together, and her husbands 2 brothers walked out together. We all wore black - all the guys in suits and me in a dress - it was probably the most fun bridal party ever too since we all just partied the whole time

• AshleyR
    Master October 2016
    AshleyR ·
    • Flag

I had a trans bridesman on my side and H had a groomswoman. The GM did not wear suits or tuxes, they were just in khaki's, white button downs and burgundy ties. BMs wore mocha dresses with mustard wraps. So my guy wore khakis/button down with a mustard cardigan, H's girl wore a burgundy dress. So they still matched with their respective "sides"

• StPaulGal
    Master July 2017
    StPaulGal ·
    • Flag

My MOH is a dude. (Man of Honor). He is my best friend, so it was completely obvious who I would ask. I don't think gender should factor into the decision.

ETA: I don't know what he will wear. Probably something similar to the other men in the wedding party.

• Sarah
    Expert October 2017
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I will be having a bridesman. I'm stoked!! My girls are wearing grey dresses so he will be in a grey suit!

• FutureMrsBueno
    Super April 2017
    FutureMrsBueno ·
    • Flag

My best friend will be my Man of Honor. So excited to have him up there supporting me and FH!!

He's wearing a tux similar to the groomsmen but with a few different details that tie in with the bridesmaids dress. Different vest and tie, etc

• Leeann
    Super August 2017
    Leeann ·
    • Flag

My sister had her best guy friend serve as a "bridesman" in her wedding where I was the MOH. It was so fun! He wore a tux with a bow tie and cumberrband matching the girls' dresses. My FH is having his best female friend as a "grooms gal" and I think she is going to wear a dress in our wedding colors, but in a darker shade than my BMs

• Ally
    Expert September 2017
    Ally ·
    • Flag

A family friend did this. I thought it was cute

Comment on this discussion