We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

D
Beginner March 2010

Bridesmaids's Hair

Dawn & Jeff, on January 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved Save

All,

Quick Questions, what is the proper etiquette....do I pay for the bridesmaids to get their hair done, or do they?

12 Comments

• Jessy
    Master May 2010
    Jessy ·
    • Flag

I think that if you expect them to have a particular style or to get their hair professionally done, then you should offer to pay. Otherwise, let them do their hair or pay to get their hair done themselves.

• MRSDarlin' Now!
    Master September 2010
    MRSDarlin' Now! ·
    • Flag

My moh who is also my cousin is a hair dresser and my other close cousin is a stylist who owns her own shop. I think both of them will be helping on the day of.. do you have anyone in your family who is willing to donate their services to you maybe as a wedding gift?? If not, and if i wasnt lucky enough to have my cousins involved, then I would probably ask them how they planned to have their hair .. or .. like Jessy says if its something particular you want them to do, you may have to pay for it yourself.

• D
    Beginner March 2010
    Dawn & Jeff ·
    • Flag

Yes, that's what I think I'll do. I don't need them to do anything inparticular and are not requiring they get their's professionally done. I'm getting married in Vegas, and it's SO much more expensive than here. They want $95 for an updo...crazy.

• L
    Super June 2011
    Lauren20 ·
    • Flag

I have been in 20 weddings. I have always paid for my own hair to be done. Smiley smile

• Olga
    Expert August 2010
    Olga ·
    • Flag

I will be having a professional make up artist/hair stylist on site and will let the girls know the price charged and will let them decide if they want it done professionally (and thus pay for it) or will do it themselves.

I think the only time you need to pay for it is when you are requiring them to use the professional make up/hair person. If not they are free to choose to use or not the services and thus decided if they can afford it

• Amie Decker
    June 2020
    Amie Decker ·
    • Flag

I have seen it done many different ways. Some brides pay for their bridesmaids hair and makeup and some pay for a portion of the fee. I once had a client pay for all of the girls makeup as a bridesmaid's gift. But most of the time, the bride lets all of the girls know that there will be professional stylists coming and they can decide if they want to have their hair or makeup done. What is pretty common though is that if a bride ever requires the bridesmaids to have their hair or makeup done by a professional, the bride covers the cost.

Super May 2010
    05.01.2010 ·
    • Flag

Unless the bride is very wealthy the bridesmaids always pay for their own hair and makeup even if it’s expected that they have it professionally done. I have never heard of a bridesmaid expecting to have someone pay for that stuff for them. That is why it’s such a huge commitment to be in someone’s wedding.

• Gidge22
    Super April 2010
    Gidge22 ·
    • Flag

I've been a bridesmaid three times and paid to have my hair done three times....if you want them to do something really expensive then maybe consider paying for some of it, but don't feel obligated to pay for it just because you want it professionally done.

• kelseyj
    VIP August 2010
    kelseyj ·
    • Flag

I'm not requiring my bridesmaids to wear a certain hair style or makeup or anything... I'm already making them wear matching dresses so i want them to be comfortable everywhere else. I'm having a hair and make up person where we are getting ready and if they want to use their services they can, but if they can do everything themselves that's fine too!

• Heidi14
    Expert July 2010
    Heidi14 ·
    • Flag

I am having a stylist come to my bridesmaid house where were getting ready and I asked each one if they wanted to hair their hair done. Their decision. They are paying for their own.

• Kristenlee11
    Devoted March 2010
    Kristenlee11 ·
    • Flag

Because I am making the bridesmaids have a certain style I am paying for their hair and makeup. I am only having 2 bridesmaids so it will not be a huge amount of money.

• october bride
    VIP October 2010
    october bride ·
    • Flag

I have been in 4 weddings and have paid for my hair everytime. my girls will be paying for theirs also if they chose to get it done.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles