SupermanBride
Master October 2014

Bridesmaids!!!! {Post Pics Please!!}

SupermanBride, on October 29, 2013 at 2:10 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 69
Saved Save

Going shopping today with my best friend for her wedding party that I'm standing up in and then again on Thursday for my wedding party that she is standing up in!

What have you brides picked for your girls? Or did you let your girls choose?

Feel free to post pics of what your 'maids will be sporting on your big day!!!

69 Comments

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

We picked this dress. My MOH came with me and tried a bunch on. My other 2 BMs live in Puerto Rico and FL but I showed them pics and they all liked it a lot. I went to DB b/c they are a chain and are everywhere (in each place my 2 BMs live) but that's the only reason.

Ours will be in Regency (Purple)

• Nicole Lynn
    Expert September 2013
    Nicole Lynn ·
    • Flag

I let my girls choose... biggest mistake ever! well, 3 out of 4 were perfect and ordered beautiful Modcloth dresses.. MOH was a damn nightmare, she ordered off Ebay and picked the ugliest dresses possible-club dresses! So 6 dresses later I made her go to DB and buy an actual BM dress... it was a fing nightmare! If you let them pick, make it be from somewhere with a bunch of different styles but that's all the freedom you should give them! Sorry this is the best pic I have so far

• Almost Mrs. Marvel
    Super July 2014
    Almost Mrs. Marvel ·
    • Flag

My girl are all over, so shopping with all of them will be impossible. So what I have decided to do is pick a store/brand, a type of fabric, color and length. From there they can choose the specifics of the dress they will feel the best in.

I thought I had it all worked out, then I didn't. I was going with alfred angelo, short, chiffon, in navy but their navy was way off from everything else I already have. But doing it this way left my girls almost 20 dress styles they could chose from.

However I am back to square 1, but that is my issue and it just means I get to keep shopping. Smiley laugh

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I let my MOH choose the style. She picked this dress (DB) in plum.

DB has a JB version of this dress which my girls will wear, also in plum.

• Marisa-in-Love
    Master July 2014
    Marisa-in-Love ·
    • Flag

I coordinated with my girls to take them with me. I'm lucky in that they all live near me. Problem was they are all different shapes and sizes. I tried to let them pick different styles in the same color/fabric, but nope, they all liked the same. One. So my MOH is in Falcon (pewter gray) and the BMs are in Plum

• Miriam
    Devoted November 2013
    Miriam ·
    • Flag

My wedding incorporates fall colors. I did not want my two bridesmaids to wear the same dress, nor did I want them to wear dresses that look like bridesmaid dresses, if you know what I mean. Finally, the dresses had to be long, because to me semiformal short bridesmaid dresses look weird next to the ultra formal wedding dress and tuxedoes.

I think I did a good job!

• FutureMrsKruse
    Devoted May 2014
    FutureMrsKruse ·
    • Flag

I chose the same dresses as @We'llAlwaysHaveParis but in their color Mercury. My MOH and two bridesmaids will wear the style in the picture and my JB will wear the JB version. FH's best woman might wear the same dress in Black or Mercury but with a boutonniere instead of a bouquet.

• Abby
    Super August 2015
    Abby ·
    • Flag

I'm letting my girls pick...I told them it has to be short or high-low, black chiffon. We r taking a trip to DB soon...they have like 10 dresses that would work!

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

I let my girls choose. Nude/Blush, knee length, nude shoes. I imagine them to look something like this.

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    Cuddleskicks ·
    • Flag

I gave my girls free rein of all the bm dresses on db in my peacock color. I honestly could not care less if they match with style, length, fabric or anything else, as long as they are all comfortable. The only guideline I set was that we will be doing outdoor pics at some point so I don't want to hear that anyone is cold if they are in a short or strapless dress.

Honestly, I have to bms who just had babies (so cute!) and one who is pregnant now (can't wait). I wanted them to have the freedom to pick something that is going to make them feel great. I just haven't figured out what other requirements I will have (if any) with regards to shoes, hair, or jewelry. I am strongly considering buying their jewelry as a gift and then that will match.

I also have to figure out how to make my MOH (sister) different. My colors are the peacock blue and a pewter grey. She did not like the grey dress so she will be in blue with the rest of my girls.

• Stephanie Jewett
    February 2020
    Stephanie Jewett ·
    • Flag

Another cute idea I have seen are the bridesmaids wear white, and have a different colored shoe and flower bouquet. southboundbride.com has great examples!

• Mrs.Rebeiro
    Master April 2014
    Mrs.Rebeiro ·
    • Flag

I am also currently looking for dresses.. I think I am just going to give my girls criteria and let them do their thing after the last fiasco... New criteria

Lace

Knee length or a smidge shorter

Champagne/nude/blush

Have to be able to wear jean jacket over

• B
    Savvy May 2014
    brittani ·
    • Flag

Picking my bridesmaids dresses was stressful. I knew exactly what I wanted & couldn't find anyone to help! I knew I wanted aubergine/plum color & short dresses, different styles. David's bridal had maybe 2 short dresses that I actually liked. & I had tried 2 other places. Finally, I went to a shop here in town, & found their dresses!!!!! They had like 8 they could pick from, they chose the style they wanted. Another good thing is they got to pick how much they wanted to spend. Can't wait to get them in!!

• Allyson
    Master May 2014
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

I took all six BMs to Alfred Angelo a few weeks ago (two came in from out of state) to look at dresses. I had about seven picked out but also let them look at dresses they liked. I wanted them to match and be in long dresses, but it was easier to get them to agree than I expected. I have a lot of different body styles, but they all picked this dress in a half hour or so.

• HISballerina
    VIP October 2014
    HISballerina ·
    • Flag

This is what I'm hoping for! Smiley smile Everyone can seriously wear them again... I think I'll order one too! Smiley winking Alfred Sung

• Mrs. McWilliams
    Super December 2013
    Mrs. McWilliams ·
    • Flag

My BMs will be wearing this Bari Jay dress; however in an deep olive green with varying purple booties - didn't want them to be too matchy-matchy! I'll be gifting them with a gold necklace/earrings/bracelet (possibly) from Charming Charlies at the rehearsal dinner.

I chose this dress because I wanted a refined/classic look as well as a dress style that suits their body types, typically can't go wrong with an A-line. I also chose it because it had sleeves and it will be the DEAD of winter in St. Louis, so wanted them to be covered in someway without me having to buy each some type of shawl or bolero.

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

Same as Allyson but in red.

• SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·
    • Flag

Lmao @ amy a.

Thanks ladies!!! I'm so undecided and nervous because my MOH is the hardest to dress and the pickiest. My 3 other maids and my junior bm wont care and will look great in everything. Everytime i tell her an idea she wants the oposite. (ie, i say short, she wants long)

DOUBLY annoying because she's my sister and i was her moh and i didnt care lol

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

Targetttt, I picked based on what fit my really tall sister, we ordered a few and then just returned the rest to the store...I wanted them not to have to spend a bunch. We had found a few at DB that fit my sister too but they were like double the price of the Target one so we went with that.

• SupermanBride
    Master October 2014
    SupermanBride ·
    • Flag

@soontobmrsr

i like your denim idea!! I want my maids in cardigans since it will be a Mid october, Michigan Outdoor wedding and you never know what you're going to get.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics