HelloMrsNewman
Dedicated October 2018

Bridesmaids Gift/Attire

HelloMrsNewman, on November 5, 2017 at 2:44 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 12
Saved Save

I have a tight group of friends all of which are getting married around the same time. We are all in each other's weddings so finding unique ideas is a challenge! Initially, I wanted to give my bridesmaids cute robes as part of their gifts + it would be great for getting ready photos etc. The problem is most of us were just in two weddings who had robes so I'm feeling like it's just another robe to hang in their closet and collect dust lol. Most of us have also been in a previous wedding last fall with button down flannels. Anyone have any unique gift ideas that could also double as cute attire for getting ready? Pics would be awesome! Thank you!!

12 Comments

• BoudreauToBe
    Master July 2018
    BoudreauToBe ·
    • Flag

I plan to get the sleeveless (because it's July) button down shirts from Express (the portofino ones) in different colors. We all work in offices, so they can all be worn again.

• Patrice
    Dedicated March 2018
    Patrice ·
    • Flag

Pajamas

• Going to the chapel
    Master July 2017
    Going to the chapel ·
    • Flag

Anything used as a prop in photos is not a gift.

• E
    Just Said Yes November 2017
    Ericka ·
    • Flag

I got my bridesmaids their jewelry to wear for the wedding and cute little bags with their names on them which i put the jewelry in and they will get while we are getting ready the of the wedding

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

Maybe a romper would work. You still get the look of the pretty floral pajamas/robes, but they are different. I found these pics on Plum Pretty Sugar and Etsy. I've gotten something to wear for "getting ready" pictures and jewelry to match the bridesmaid dress in almost every wedding I've been in, it's pretty standard in my group of friends. As long as you also get them some other gifts or treats that aren't just for the wedding, I think having it be part of the gift is fine.

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

Another pic

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

Last one, I couldn't get them all to load on my phone!

• Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag

Ugh never a romper. They only look good on very specific body types and often need to be tailored to be fit properly.

Any cute button down like a PJ set or even an oversized men's dress shirt would be nice.

One of my favorite "getting ready outfits" was a set of PJs with cute frilly shorts and personalization on the boob pocket of the shirt. She had "soft kitty, warm kitty" as mine which still makes me laugh.

• Mrs. Coakley
    Master June 2017
    Mrs. Coakley ·
    • Flag

Something they need to wear for the wedding is not a gift. Give them something they can use- spa gift card, champagne, makeup etc

And to be honest, the getting ready outfits are super ridiculous. We all just wore leggings and tanks we already owned and we look amazing and comfortable in the pics.

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

It was just a suggestion since the OP asked for ideas. She knows her girls better than we do. Many of my friends, who all have very different body types/shapes, regularly wear rompers, so just because something isn't to your taste doesn't mean it's totally awful. Some of the other things people have mentioned here wouldn't be my preference or the most flattering for my body type, but I've worn all sorts of things as a bridesmaid so I figured I'd throw something out there.

• Elizabeth
    Master December 2016
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

As others have said, anything used for the wedding is not a gift (that includes jewelry you give to wear day of).

I'm also ugh on rompers. They look like you're attending a 10th grade slumber party, not getting ready on your wedding day. They also tend to look terrible on anyone who isn't tall and slim. Your girls can just wear their bridesmaids dresses for the getting ready photos if you don't want to do an extra thing.

As for gifts, you need to show for them individually and buy them a thank you gift. Nothing with their name on it and nothing that has anything about your wedding. Ideas include a thank you note paired with any of the following: a wine glass with a bottle of their favorite wine, a picture frame with a photo of the two of you in it, a box of chocolates (Belgian if you can swing it as that's the best, imo), a gift certificate for a spa day, a bracelet that has special meaning to her (that you don't require her to wear for the wedding), a date night package for her and her significant other (they have gift certificates for dinner and a movie), a coffee table book (like the Chanel one for those into fashion), etc.

• HelloMrsNewman
    Dedicated October 2018
    HelloMrsNewman ·
    • Flag

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll definitely be looking into these! Like I mentioned in my initial post, this would be something in addition to the other gifts I'd be giving to them. I'm fully aware of my girls not being my props Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics