Janiya
Expert June 2020

Bridesmaid Gifts - Too Early?

Janiya, on March 25, 2019 at 11:06 AM Posted in Planning 0 43
Saved Save

Hi wedding wire brides! I asked my maid of honor and 4 bridesmaid if they would be in my wedding a couple months ago. Everyone said "Yes" of course. I've been working on getting their gifts for the day of but is it too early to be getting the gifts with still a year to go. So far, I've purchased them all canvas beach bags, tumblers with their names, and each a beach towel. I will also be purchasing their jewelry for the day of and getting their makeup done. All the girls would need is to buy their dress and make sure their hair, nails, and pedicure is complete. So my question: Is it too early to be finished with the bridesmaid gifts? Who else completed their bridesmaid gifts way ahead of time?

43 Comments

• Gen
    Rockstar June 2019
    Gen Online ·

I did! Not as early as you, but I did mine about 9 months before the wedding. I was in kind of a planning lull and it seemed like something I could check off my list early. I have to say, now being just over 2 months away, it is soo nice to not have that as an additional thing on the list of the many things I have to get done in the next couple months.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks Gen! This makes me feel so prepared. I've been keeping all of the decor and everything wedding related in one place in my home office. I'm at the planning point where I've been wanting to get little details done that I don't want to be stressed about in the few months before.

• Gen
    Rockstar June 2019
    Gen Online ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's a great idea as long as you have a place to store it where it won't be in the way!

• Future Mrs. H
    Rockstar September 2019
    Future Mrs. H ·

I see no problem finishing up their gifts early on! One less thing for you to worry about as the day grows closer

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    As long as the gift isn't edible, I don't see anything wrong with buying gifts early. Less for you to do later on.
    I bout Alex and Ani bracelets for my girls back in November. I'm going to continue adding on as I see things I like for them.
  • Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·

I dont think it's early..I think that if you are working within a budget or a plan, why not

• ARTISHA
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    ARTISHA ·
    Never to early, Kudos to you. I got engaged Christmas Eve, wedding Aug 3rd, planning ahead will alleviate stress on down the road! ❤️
  • Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Exactly! I don't want my house to be over flown with wedding stuff, lol

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Definitely! I'm g;ad I've been working on their gifts while theirs not too much to stress about now.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks Angerra! I agree. I'll have to add their getting ready robes but I've still been trying to find a good deal on those.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! The advantage of a longer engagement is getting more of what I want and still being able to spend a little more on little details since we have a more time to save up.

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Awesome Artisha! You have a few more months to go? What do you have left to complete on your to-do list?

• Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·

I already got their getting ready PJs and mine, because target had a really good cartwheel deal on it! Never too early especially if you can get a deal

• Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks Kristen! I agree! Are you having your girls spend the night before with you?

• R
    Devoted November 2019
    Rachel ·
    I would wait a few more months. I just gave my girls there’s over the weekend after hosting a dinner party for both them and the groomsmen and my wedding is 7 months away so dress shopping will be soon but all mine knew they were going to be in the party long before i got engaged
  • Janiya
    Expert June 2020
    Janiya ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks Rachel!

• Expert October 2020
    ·
    My wedding isn’t until 11/21/2020 and I’ve already bought my bridesmaids tote bags, sneakers for the reception, no show socks for the sneakers (I know at least one would need them), bracelets (and personalized the boxes as well), and tumblers to personalize. I’ve bought beer caddies and bottle openers for the groomsmen and we’re ordering personalized flasks and possibly their suspenders (unless I change my mind about them wearing them) closer to the wedding (we need pics for those). The hangover kit bags are also in my “wedding pile” as well as my wedding dress and shoes. Since it’s so far out and I’m a big planner I’m just grabbing things that I know we will be purchasing and that don’t need to be purchased closer to the wedding (like the bridesmaids bath and body works lotions or things that might go bad). Once we get closer to the wedding I’m sure we will be putting out fires and have other things to worry about. I say whatever you can knock out now go ahead and do it!
  • Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    View Quoted Comment

Its optional because one of them has her birthday the day before! But the PJs are button down shirts and shorts to wear while we get ready on the day of! I wanted to make sure they had something functional to wear for hair and makeup. I have grey and they all have black. The bridal suite has a bedroom and we are going to do a few pictures all sitting on the bed once we have our hair and makeup finished!

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·

I agree, and it's not stressful

• alicia
    Dedicated May 2019
    alicia ·
    It’s awesome that you got their gifts mostly done early! I personally am waiting until wedding weekend to give my girls their gifts because I don’t want anyone to forget their necklace at home or something like that. But I also hear you with not wanting your house overflowing with wedding stuff as mine has now become.

Comment on this discussion