Cassandra
Savvy April 2018

Bridesmaid Dilemma

Cassandra, on Dec 7, 2017 at 2:27 PM Posted in Wedding Attire

Hello to anyone reading this. I am getting married April 12, 2018. I currently have 3 bridemaids that have not ordered their dresses when we all picked out dresses in September. I was looking on David's Bridal website which is showing an estimated arrival of the end of March since the color is raspberry. Should I make the order deadline this weekend or wait until next week? I am worried since the bridal party is coming from NC and the wedding is here in Las Vegas.

Share:

17 Comments

• Boinkin
    Devoted April 2018
    Boinkin ·

My girls haven't ordered theirs yet. Not even going to remind them, they're adults and know they need to. If they don't they get to attend as a guest and not as a BM.

• RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·

You don't set the deadline for them to order dresses.

You can tell them "hey guys David's Bridal says the dresses need to be ordered before X date to arrive in time" and leave it at that. They're adults, they will either order them or they won't.

• Danielle
    Super March 2018
    Danielle ·

My girls haven't ordered their dresses either. I didnt set a deadline to order them and I am not going to stress about it. If they don't have their dress they will attend as a guest.

• OG Kathryn
    Master May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

DB always quotes longer. It took a month for mine to get in even though they said 3 months.

• K
    Just Said Yes May 2018
    Katie ·

We got our dresses from Azazie and they said 8-12 weeks and they were here in a month! If you are open to options I would look into them. Can order from anywhere, inexpensive and good quality. You create a group and once all the bridesmaids order the dresses are maid from the same material so the colors are not off.

• Cassandra
    Savvy April 2018
    Cassandra ·

My matron, maid and one bridemaids ordered from DB already so can't go with a different company. I'm just worried because they all need alternations. My Matron told everyone the week of Thanksgiving to order when their was an deal but nothing. I say deadline because I'm making the flowers and etc.

• Cassandra
    Savvy April 2018
    Cassandra ·

Thanks everyone

• muriel
    Master June 2018
    muriel Online ·

One reminder, then just keep telling yourself "They are adults. They don't need me to live their lives for them".

• Missy
    Dedicated July 2018
    Missy ·

I wouldn't set a deadline but rather kindly say that to get dresses in time they need to be ordered by a certain date and if they didn't get it they would simply be a guest.

• T2018
    Devoted April 2018
    T2018 ·

I sent my bridesmaids a quick reminder last night because 2 girls ordered theirs and got really long estimated turn around times, but I'm gonna leave it at that!

• Cassandra
    Savvy April 2018
    Cassandra ·

Thanks everyone. My matron and one bridesmaid ordered about a month ago and still waiting. I sent them all a final notice message and letting it be. Great thing said today "They are adults. They don't need me to live their lives for them". I have more important stuff to focus on.

• FutureMrsHill
    Expert April 2018
    FutureMrsHill ·

My bridesmaids picked out their dresses back in April, they just ordered them

• Nicole
    Dedicated October 2018
    Nicole ·

My friend is getting married in April and she was really pushing us to order them this past weekend because she was worried about them getting in on time. I ordered on Saturday and got an email today that it arrived at the store and will be shipped to me tomorrow. David's bridal is typically very quick!

• Cassandra
    Savvy April 2018
    Cassandra ·

With certain colors the turn around of arrival is quick. I had one girl order and get hers in the same week. While 2 other orders weeks before her and still waiting. Its all a learning game. I'm excited to start on my flowers and decorations.

• Ta'lor
    Beginner April 2018
    Ta'lor ·

I'm getting married in April as well and my dresses are one of the special order colors and only one of my bridesmaids ordered her dress. I send out one more reminder. I feel that I shouldn't have to remind them again so if I have just one bridesmaid that will be it. don't need the extra stress.

• Ashley
    VIP March 2018
    Ashley ·

My girls haven't ordered their dresses yet. I trust them to be able to get their own dresses. No deadlines.

• TaylorCova
    Dedicated June 2018
    TaylorCova ·

Your maid of honor could help to maybe.. that's what mine did she was great help picking the dresses so then I could make the final choice and she was helpful telling the others to hurry and order it

Comment on this discussion