ASMini914
Super September 2019

Bridesmaid brag moment :)

ASMini914, on April 28, 2019 at 6:02 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved Save
I feel like I need to just take a moment and have a humble brag about how much I love my girls. I have 5 of them... my sister (MOH), and 4 close friends that don't really know each other well, but each of them are important to me. When it came to picking dresses, I wanted to make it easy on them, and have each love how they looked, but also making sure they were all somewhat aligned in what they wore. Only 2 of them are local to me, and the rest live in different states. I decided we would go to David's Bridal, and I would let them each pick their own neckline but within the same "family" so same length and fabric.

Fast forward to picking their dresses... we went in 3 groups: 1 just my sister and I, the second was me and 2 that are from close to my hometown, and the 3rd was today with the girls who are local to me now... and they all ended up loving the same dress! AND most importantly I found out that not only do they all end up getting along so well, but they have been working on planning a bachelorette weekend for me!

I feel like I am on cloud 9, and just so excited for my day because everyone around me is genuinely so supportive and excited!

7 Comments

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Wow, this is such great news! It can be hard when your BM's aren't close to one another but it sounds like it worked out perfectly for you!!

What is the dress like that all of your girls chose?

• ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    This is the dress they all picked!

They vary in sizes (from a 0 to a 12), some have larger chests than others and it honestly looks flattering on each of them!

Im thinking for the day I’ll have them each wear a pair of “statement” earrings (something a little bigger), no necklace since their necks are covered and then a bracelet. I’ll obviously be supplying their jewelry since I’ll be requiring what they wear ☺️

Bridesmaid brag moment :) 1
  • Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·

How awesome! I feel like you know you have the right group of girls when everything flows like this!! I am so happy you have such an amazing group to stand by you one your big day! The dress they picked out is also gorgeous!

• Jennifer
    Savvy September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    View Quoted Comment

Awesome news about your bridesmaids! Are you using this color dress too? I was considering this color for my breidesmaids. The guys I want to wear Navy suits and i was wondering if those 2 colors together are too dark and i should go with a lighter BM dress.. What are your guys wearing?

• Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·

Sounds like some awesome bridesmaids! Makes the process so much easier and better to enjoy! Congrats on awesome friends and family!

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·

That is great news, it's great when it all comes together like it's supposed too! the dress is gorgeous

• ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes it’s that color! We are going with black for the guys, but if you look on Pinterest at “burgundy bridesmaids” you’ll find a lot of navy and I think it looks awesome!

Comment on this discussion