MrsMitchell
Savvy February 2018

Bridesmaid and moh gifts?

MrsMitchell, on December 21, 2017 at 7:58 AM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved Save
I only have 3, my sister, best friend and sister in law. I got floral robes for them (and the flower girls) and I got the flower girls a rose necklace and flower girl activity book to keep them busy (without getting dirty) while us “old” people get ready. I’m also making all of them wooden hangers with there names on them

Have any any suggestions on what else to get them? I found a knot bracelet that was sorta cute, but I feel like it may be a bit over done. If I do the knot bracelet I want to put more in with the gift.

Bridesmaid and moh gifts? 1

17 Comments

• Maleficent
    Super January 2018
    Maleficent ·
    • Flag
    I shopped for my girls like its their birthday.

I bought a Kate Spade purse for one, a turtle necklace and a nike hat for another, etc. I also plan on getting floral robes for them.

Instead of buying them all the same bracelet (which is cute btw). I'd probably buy each of them a bracelet or necklace that matches what they like/who they are as a person.
  • Sunshine
    Super January 2019
    Sunshine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What she said ^^^^

• Summer987
    Super May 2018
    Summer987 ·
    • Flag
    I got each of my bridesmaids a bottle of perfume, lotions, robes and a bracelet. I'm packaging it in a nice keepsake box. You could do something like bath and body works or Victoria's secret lotions, sprays and perfume. Some have suggested shop like it's their birthday. What would you normally get them?
  • MrsMitchell
    Savvy February 2018
    MrsMitchell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s so much easier 😂 they’re completely different which I’m pretty sure is why it was so hard for me to figure something out!

Every wedding I’ve been in we all got the same gift, so I thought that’s just what you do. Thank you for this! Smiley smile
  • An
    Super September 2019
    An ·
    • Flag
    The hangers and robes seem more like a prop than a gift. Sure, they could use them again but a lot of people get those just to make their photos look prettier. I would echo PPs and say to get them something individualized and something that is definitely not expected/implied to be worn on the wedding day.

• L
    Expert November 2017
    Lck5002 ·
    • Flag

I got each of my BM something different--sports gear, bath stuff, a bottle of wine, shoes, etc just depending on what they would like. I've gotten a robe in the past and I ended up wearing it to get ready for my wedding since I still had it but otherwise have never used it. Gifts along those lines are more for pictures than actually gifts.

• MrsMitchell
    Savvy February 2018
    MrsMitchell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I liked the whole picture idea for the robes, but I wouldn’t of gotten them if that’s all they were for. All of my bridesmaids wear robes on a daily, thats one thing they do have in common lol. They each have at least 2!

The hangers are definitely more of a picture gift, something cute to hang there dresses up while getting ready Smiley smile
  • GreektoIrish2017
    Super October 2017
    GreektoIrish2017 ·
    • Flag
    I bought robes and hangers but that wasn’t part of their gift since it was a photo prop.

I bought them a personalized makeup bag, a gift set from Victoria’s Secret, a box of local handmade chocolates, handmade soap that was in the shape of an actual size cupcake, and a necklace
  • Deirdre
    Super March 2018
    Deirdre ·
    • Flag

I did an overnight duffle bag with their names on them to put everything in, I did a personalized Yankee candle with a photo of me and the respective BM (all different photos, some with other friends, not related to my wedding), they all like wine, so I went on Etsy and got them each a different wine glass with their favorite thing painted on it (Wonder Woman, Will Smith, shoes, and a garden scene with a hummingbird), and I was going to throw in a bottle of their favorite wine. I also got them necklaces that I want them to wear at the wedding and wristlets made of kimono material that they can use on the wedding day. I think they'll use the wristlet again and they may wear the necklace again, but I don't consider that part of their gift. I kind of did the everyone gets the same gift, but slightly customized to each BM.

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

I kept the gifts the same, but different.

They are getting travel coffee mugs that make me think of them, I'll put a gift card to starbucks in them. Earrings Not for the wedding, just whenever - again, that made me think of them. Then a claddagh coin since I'm marrying into an Irish family. I'll add something else, just not sure what yet.

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·
    • Flag

Buy them each one nice gift chosen for their individual interests and taste.

• MrsMitchell
    Savvy February 2018
    MrsMitchell ·
    • Flag
    Thank you guys for your feedback! I didn’t want to put another forum up so close to the last one and so related as well... if anyone else sees this how much should you spend on their gifts?

If it’s based off how much they’re spendinf to be in your wedding: They arent paying for there hair (we have a hairstylist and she’s doing all of our hair, my FMIL is paying for this.) They are paying for there dresses but I chose a dress that is about 30$ so it’s a lot cheaper than the norm. I don’t know if I’ll have a makeup artist, probably will be doing my own, and they all said they plan to do there own as well. The dresses are long, so I just told them to wear a pair of plain flats or heels of there choosing. Just run it past me first.

I’m giving them a gift regardless, and because I don’t have a big bridal party I was planning on doing more than what I have been given in previous weddings I’ve been in, which mostly consisted of some type of jewlry and maybe an extra thing or two. Just curious if its more based on what you want to spend or what they are spending?
  • Orchids
    Master March 2018
    Orchids ·
    • Flag

I'm getting both of my girls a few months' subscription to a box of something they'll like. They're soooooo wildly different I don't know that I could find anything that would appeal to both of them.

• QueSeraSera
    VIP December 2017
    QueSeraSera ·
    • Flag

I got my BMs & MOH a tote bag with their name on it and a fleece 1/4 zip with their monogram intials. They LOVED them. They used the bags on the day of (I gave it to them at the rehearsal dinner) for their stuff and they all wore the fleece over their getting ready outfits!

I gave our two flower girls a bag also, but different ones. One got a dance bag with her name embroidered on it because she's a dancer, and the other got a Pusheen backpack because she's obsessed with Pusheen! I also got them a hoodie with "Flower Girl 12/2/17" and their first name embroidered on them as well, and an Amelia Bedelia Ties The Knot book.

I also bought them all slippers for getting ready, but I didn't include it as their gift. I just handed them out the morning of.

• A
    Dedicated June 2019
    AtoK ·
    • Flag
    I'm planning on making my girls a "spa" day box.....i put spa in quotes more as like a relaxation which I know is different for each of my girls. They will all get some sort of mug/glass that they would like..a beverage that they would like...some sort of shower thing that they would like....one big theme that's the same throughout but tailored to their preferences
  • S
    Just Said Yes December 2017
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Most of my party are kidsexcept two one of which is autsitic best friend I got all a stuffed animal and got a necklace for my other bridesmaids they all will love anyways.
  • N
    Just Said Yes January 2018
    Nikki ·
    • Flag

I also got my bridesmaids robes, but I customized them and I put them in personalized tote bags which is a nice/not too expensive favor. I needed them pretty quickly and shopped around quite a bit and loved the ones I got from Pretty Robes. I left a review on their page as well because they were awesome to work and were recommended to me so I figured to pass the recommendation along!

Hope the tote bag and company recommendation helps!

Comment on this discussion