V
Beginner September 2019

Bride with regrettable tattoos!! Eek!!

Viridiana, on March 13, 2019 at 12:33 AM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 10
Saved Save
I'm currently in the market for the best foundation out there that covers up tattoos I have one on my shoulder that is a monstrosity and I would LOVE to cover it up on my big day! What is the best full coverage foundation out there? Help!!

10 Comments

• Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    I dont use it. But younique is supposed to have a good one.
  • V
    Beginner September 2019
    Viridiana ·
    • Flag
    I'll definitely look them up thank you!
  • Tara
    Dedicated August 2019
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Go to Sephora and have them point out products to use. I am in the same boat and my HMUA told me she MIGHT be able to cover it. Not being one to take chances, I asked and was glad I did! The gal I talked to told me to do a red base, setting powder, concealer, setting powder, foundation, setting powder.
  • V
    Beginner September 2019
    Viridiana ·
    • Flag
    I will definitely try that. Seeing as my tattoo has a lot of red in it I'll try it with a green concealer or setting powder. Im glad I brought this up because I was just thinking of concealer or foundation. Never color correction which is important.
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
  • Becca
    Expert July 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag

Hey there! I used to compete in pageants and the thing a lot of women would use is actual stage makeup! You can find Ben Nye foundations and powders which will really cover those up without it rubbing and feeling heavy. You could also use Dermacol which is the most full coverage foundation ever! The biggest thing is color correction. If it is black, make sure to use an orange or a red concealer under the foundation to correct the darkness. If you have color in it, the orange will help but using correlating colors will help. Make sure to use a great setting powder and setting spray to keep it covered all night long!

Good luck!

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I would discuss this with your makeup artist. They may have something they recommend
  • Alexandra
    Super December 2018
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

Kat Von D has a makeup line with hard core foundation specifically for tattoo coverups... and it's really good!

• Tiffany
    Savvy June 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

Kat Von D for sure!

• Eamsee
    Super June 2019
    Eamsee ·
    • Flag

I haven't used this personally, but I've heard really good things about it. This is a YouTube video of a heavily tattooed model applying it to herself. It is called Dermacol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqma0FqwQ14

Comment on this discussion