dolly1029
Dedicated April 2017

Bride oversharing- rant!

dolly1029, on Feb 8, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Posted in Community Conversations 29

I don't understand why brides feel the need to discuss EVERY detail of their wedding on fb/social media. My one fb friend put up pictures of her std's, invitations, enveloped invitations, card holder, centerpieces, favors, shoes, hair and makeup trial, etc etc etc(I'm sure I'm missing a few). Does...

I don't understand why brides feel the need to discuss EVERY detail of their wedding on fb/social media. My one fb friend put up pictures of her std's, invitations, enveloped invitations, card holder, centerpieces, favors, shoes, hair and makeup trial, etc etc etc(I'm sure I'm missing a few). Does she not want any part of her wedding to be a surprise?? Not to mention she updates her status countdown (100 days! 90 days!) every week. Sorry, just venting!

Share:

29 Comments

• OG Dianna
    Master March 2017
    OG Dianna ·

@leslie I know someone doing that too. And it kills me.

• Wendy
    Expert June 2016
    Wendy ·

The only thing I've posted on FB was our engagement (over a year ago.) Oh yeah, I also posted a picture of my brother, my FMIL, and my MOH at a tasting we went to for the caterer. But other than that, nothing. I don't want to answer questions (I get enough of that in real life) and I don't want people to assume they are invited.

There have been a few moments that I've been tempted to post something, but then it goes away pretty quickly!

• Mrs.Hawks
    Master October 2016
    Mrs.Hawks ·

The only thing I have posted on facebook is our engagement. Some of my girls have posted pictures of my wedding planning book and a mug that said "soon to be mrs." I think sharing some things on facebook is okay, it's her wedding after all. But, I do agree that oversharing gets to be annoying and kind of rubs it in the face of people who don't get invited. It's one thing to share every so often because you're excited, it's another to share every little detail and brag about it.

• Julia
    Devoted August 2017
    Julia ·

I've never understood this either especially when chances are that not all of these people are invited. It has always been off putting to me and comes across as attention seeking.

• EmilyJ
    VIP May 2016
    EmilyJ ·

The worst are #tbt

Your wedding one month ago is not a throwback. You can't just post the same 3 wedding photos every Thursday people.

We get it. You're married.

• 2d Bride
    Master October 2009
    2d Bride ·

I would never have shared wedding plans on Facebook. The most we did was post when we had our marriage license (which was kind of a big deal, because we had to get court permission to get it, the day before the ceremony). But otherwise, I figured that we wanted things to be a surprise for those who were invited, and didn't want to be flaunting our wedding for those who weren't.

• K
    Super October 2016
    kphmitten ·

I feel like FB isn't the place to share that stuff - a wedding appropriate forum like this is. I'd just unfollow her.

• Sarah195
    Master October 2016
    Sarah195 ·

I post on instagram because most of my followers aren't actually people I know in real life. I lost 132 pounds on Weight Watchers and documented my journey on instagram and ended up with over 4,000 followers because of it. So I post about wedding planning when I'm excited about something and don't want to post it to facebook for people who aren't invited to see. I think it's more common to post those kind of things on instagram anyway.

• I am Mrs. rjd
    Super September 2016
    I am Mrs. rjd ·

I will post occasional "milestones" on FB, like "we booked our honeymoon!" But that's it--not where, nothing else, unless somebody asks, then I just keep it very brief. I did post when we got engaged, but no photos. One of my FB friends posted every detail of her wedding and another one called her out on it. But then the second one posted tons of wedding photos and that got pretty repetitive, too. I just don't think my friends are that interested in following every move--it's just as bad as people who post photos of "awesome" meals that they're having!!

Comment on this discussion