Leesha
VIP August 2015

Bridal Party Flowers

Leesha, on December 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save

Did your Bridesmaids have different flowers than you? Our wedding colors are Yellow(SUNFLOWERS) and Blue. I cannot decide if my BM's should have all sunflowers for their bouquet and I have Sunflowers mixed with White flowers and a few blue. Or vice Versa. And should FH and his GM wear a sunflower too? Whatre your thoughts!! I will attach a few photos and you can give me your opinions. And maybe tell me what you did with your bridal party flowers.

18 Comments

• OG Mrs.K (2.0)
    Master September 2014
    OG Mrs.K (2.0) ·

There is no rule - do whatever you like best. IMO, I think distinguishing the bride's bouquet is nice, whether it is done very subtly or very obviously. I like the 3rd photo with the additional white flowers for your bouquet, but that's just me.

My bouquet stood out because it was fuller and had purple flowers in it, while the BMs did not. So my bouquet colors were purple, yellow, white, and lime green and the BMs just had the white, yellow, and lime green.

• Lara
    Master July 2015
    Lara ·

I think these pics are gorgeous and that's a great idea! We are doing calla lilies, white for my bouquet and FH's boutonnière and mango for the BP.

• Lauren
    Super October 2014
    Lauren ·

Yes. Ours were really different. I don't even remember all the types of flowers anymore but here are pictures!

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·

My MOH had a minture verson of my bouquet and then my BMs carried calla lilies.

• Leesha
    VIP August 2015
    Leesha ·

Thanks for the photos, and ideas!

This was an easy dicision haha. I will for sure make my bouquet more distinguished and BM's will be just sunflowers.

What about this though for FH? He is wearing a Grey/Charcoal suit/tux-(he hasnt decided yet)

• Mrs. Hunnibear
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. Hunnibear ·

The daisy's will be my BM's and the brooch is my inspiration but i will have some real flowers in there too

• OG Mrs.K (2.0)
    Master September 2014
    OG Mrs.K (2.0) ·

We distinguished DHs boutonniere as well...his was white and the GM were yellow

• Emily W
    Dedicated May 2014
    Emily W ·

It's really a personal preference, but I like the idea of the bride having a slightly different bouquet to make it special. I had titanic roses, mini Gerbera daisies and filler flowers. My bridesmaids only had the mini Gerberas with fillers.

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·

I like your inspiration photos. I think the mini sunflower for the groom/groomsmen is cute. My H and groomsmen wore different flower, but they were the same flowers that I had in my bouquet.

This is the best picture I have with me that shows my bouquet and my bridesmaid bouquet.

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·

We're all having red roses for our bouquets. My bouquet will be bigger than my MOH's and hers will be a little bit bigger than my BM's. My bouquet is also going to have some rhinestones on it and it's going to have white ribbon wrapped around it. MOH and BM's are going to have black ribbon wrapped around theirs.

• Mrs Rueckert
    Expert November 2014
    Mrs Rueckert ·

I LOVE that first picture you posted! Ours were kind of different

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·

My color is cornflower blue and white. My bouquet is blue and white hydrangeas (more white than blue), white roses and light blue delphinium blossoms.

My BM bouquets are blue and white hydrangeas, light blue delphinium blossoms and baby's breath.

Also, my bouquet is larger.

I'm going to jump in and say good idea making your BM bouquets just sunflowers and having yours distinguished with white or some other flowers! Also, I really like your boutonniere picture.

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·

Annakay511 -- I just noticed the Ravens jerseys in your avatar. My colors weren't purple and champagne for no reason =)

GO RAVENS

• Dani
    Super December 2014
    Dani ·

I'm having dark purple roses, and my BMs are having white ones. Mine are fake from Hobby Lobby (I hate real flowers) and theirs are real.

• Kemmie
    VIP May 2015
    Kemmie ·

They are going to be a little different only mine will have peonies and garden roses on top of hydrangeas and calla lillies.

• Kaegurl
    Master June 2014
    Kaegurl ·

There aren't really any rules. MOH bouquet had some of the same elements, but minus the pink peonies. Bouts were succulents and mini-pink flowers.

• Blaine
    Expert August 2015
    Blaine ·

I like when the bride's bouquet stands out. Mine will be white roses with blue orchids and my BMs will be all white, roses and orchids.

• Morgan
    Expert March 2016
    Morgan ·

I want my bouquet to "pop" and stand out so I'm opting for a fuller colored bouquet (shades of purple flowers) while my BMs will have smaller all while bouquets.

Comment on this discussion