J
Dedicated March 2018

Bridal party calendar

Jami, on May 1, 2017 at 9:36 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 23
Saved Save

Trying to create a timeline/calendar for my bridesmaids. For what events/times do you want your bridesmaids with you?

For ex: finding your dress, finding their dresses, fittings, bridal shower, bachelorette party.. Am I missing anything?

23 Comments

• H
    Dedicated May 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag

My girls are helping me make flowers..center piece..etc..so yea A calender is needed.

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

Yea, I don't see the need to make a calendar for them. For things like dress shopping, I just would text/email them a few dates and see what worked for the majority of the girls and go with that day. Typically, the bride doesn't have any involvement in shower/bachelorette planning, but there are a few exceptions to that rule. For example, I have to work weekends pretty regularly, so my mom and sisters had to ask me for some dates that I knew I wasn't working so they could plan those events. You can't really throw a bridal shower without the bride in attendance lol. So I think if you have a situation like that (or a lot of your girls work weekends), it's not really that bad if you at least throw some dates around to try to find times that work for everyone.

One timeline I do recommend making and sending to your bridesmaids is a wedding weekend/day of timeline. Me and a few of my girlfriends have all been in each other's weddings, and we always do this and it is SO helpful...include information like mani/pedi appt time (if you are inviting your girls to come with you), rehearsal dinner time/place/location, start time for hair and makeup, etc. I like to have all the info easily accessible when I'm in the wedding party, and really appreciate it when the bride keeps me updated on the plans.

• A
    Super September 2017
    Al ·
    • Flag

The only thing I wish I had as a bridesmaid in a document was when to show up to rehearsal dinner and when/where to be at the day of the wedding. The bride got irritated that none of us seemed to know where we were supposed to be when on the day of the wedding, but it was buried in Facebook messenger. Also the plans changed because of transportation change, so it was hard to keep up with. So aside from when to order the dress by, when and where rehearsal is, and when and where to meet the day of the wedding I don't think you should add extra stuff. Everything else is optional for them to attend or plan

• RZ_ToBe
    Master July 2018
    RZ_ToBe ·
    • Flag

One of my BMs keeps a written calender with her at all times. She's the mother of my Jr BM and MOH, so it really helps when we plan days together. My other BM gets updates through our guest chat, and Facebook messenger allows you to set up reminders. It's neat

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

It some situations i can see hiw it would be rude, but these are questions that are already asking me about...and what I was asking for was a list of events that you all included the bridesmaid in.

• Amandaw
    VIP April 2018
    Amandaw ·
    • Flag

I only have a moh and she has twins so im glad she even has time for me to do anything so i dont expect her at anything but my wedding

• Natalie
    VIP October 2017
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Really the only thing I have/will tell my BMs is the last day to place their order for their dress, and what time to show up the day of to get ready. I did not include my BMs in finding my dress, only my mom and grandma. Then of course all but one BM went with me to find their dress.

• FutureMrsL
    Super September 2017
    FutureMrsL ·
    • Flag

No calendar needed. All the have to do is buy a dress and show up!

• Anna
    Super November 2017
    Anna ·
    • Flag

My MOHs (I have two) have kept calendars on Facebook where they discuss days they are available and what not... I have a timeline for that day that I'm working on just to try and have everyone on the same page for pictures and intros- specially intros for the banquet hall because they're all getting introduced individually by the DJ and it would really suck to be called someone else... Smiley smile

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

I guess i approach wedding planning as a fun bonding time with my bffs, so when I say events and etc, I don't mean it as an expectation but like days we can hang out while all getting things accomplished for my big day. They want to participate in everything. So far, we've done the food tasting, venue visits , and Bridal expo together. just looking for new ways to include them. That's all ladies. Thanks for the feedback.

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

I clearly said calendar/timeline of events and this because everyone is busy and asked for it. As I've nneverplanned a wedding before Idk what they should come to that's why I asked what you all are inviting them to.

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

And my Bms wouldn't run away bc of a calendar, if they could do THAT so easily they wouldn't have those roles

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

But thanks, I won't add bridal shower and bachelorette party to my timeline...I get it!

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

He went too and they asked...I didn't mind

• AK
    VIP July 2017
    AK ·
    • Flag

This is all weird.

If they're available and the salon allows it they could come dress shop with you.

You have nothing to do with the bach/shower if they plan one.

Why are they going to tastings and venues with you? I sense you must be younger if you and all your friends have time to do that, none of my friends have time for that- And it's me and FH's responsibility anyway.

I'd suggest being more go with the flow. You'll drive yourself crazy over scheduling everything.

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

@ak, it's not weird it's preference. My friends and I are in our careers and in grad school. Please, I you can't answer the question which is answered already, just let it be.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag

Be careful involving too many people in your plans. Then you'll create another post on here titled "TOO MANY OPINIONS - DIS TEW MUCH. HALP"

• AK
    VIP July 2017
    AK ·
    • Flag

Still weird, I say.

They just need to get a dress and show up. You don't schedule them, they aren't working.

• J
    Dedicated March 2018
    Jami ·
    • Flag

@ak, thanks for stopping by!

• ReneeEdward
    VIP November 2017
    ReneeEdward ·
    • Flag

Why would they need a calendar? Since thir only job is to buy the dress and show up in it I'm sure you can just tell them.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics