P
Just Said Yes April 2014

Bridal Brooch Bouquet

Princessjai10, on October 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 16
Saved Save

Does anyone know where I can buy a reasonably priced brooch bouquet? The theme of my wedding is Hollywood Glam/ The Great Gatsby and a brooch bouquet would be perfect but CANNOT spend an arm and a leg on just one item. Any suggestions?

16 Comments

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·

EBay. They're not the best quality, but they're perfect for the bottom layers of a bouquet. You can buy lots of them for pretty cheap. Flea Markets, you can haggle for the price, thrift stores, clearance at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann's, and fabulousbrooch.com, although their prices are a bit high. I kept all of my pieces under $3 and even then, I have $300-$400 invested in my bouquet. I love making my own because hunting down the brooches is part of the fun! I want to be able to tell everyone that I made it when they ask!

Here's mine in progress. I still have a while before it needs to be finished so I'm working on it slowly. Eventually, you won't see any of the silk hydrangeas that I used as the base. But it gives you a visual of the brooch "layers" that I mentioned.

• All Smiles
    VIP September 2013
    All Smiles ·

Try different sellers on Etsy.com

Here's a picture of my brooch bouquet made of a wedding gown and it was affordable too.

It all depends on what you want because they can be made with fresh or silk flowers, wooden flowers, Just brooches, or wedding gown.

ETA: you can also make your own if your very crafty but if not it's best you purchase one because cost can add up pretty quickly when a mistake is made and also quite frustrating.

• N
    Expert December 2013
    NusAG ·

I found it cheaper to purchase a bouquet through Etsy. I started purchasing my own brooches but the prices are a lot higher than you think. And then you need 60-80. It's time consuming. I tried and I gave up. I got mine at a pretty decent price and it's beautiful for $320 (shipping including).

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·

NusAG, that is BEAUTIFUL! It's so bright!

• N
    Expert December 2013
    NusAG ·

Thank you!! I love colors what can I say.. Almost thought it might be color overload at the wedding but it seems to be working cohesively together.

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·

I love it! I love color. Mine is obviously full of different colored brooches too, but yours has a bright base. It's very unique!

• P
    Just Said Yes April 2014
    Princessjai10 ·

What is the name of the Etsy shop you got that from?

• M
    Beginner February 2014
    Miranda ·

I am going to have some Brooches in my bouquet also. I research how to make it myself, it's pretty easy, just go to you tube and type brooch bouquet DIY. Also, keep in mind some of these previously posted pictures are full of brooches and they WILL be heavy. I will be using a combination of silk flowers and a few of the brooches on top. It looks very elegant.

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·

Miranda, you got that right. Mine isn't even a third of the way finished, and it weighs 6 pounds!

• N
    Expert December 2013
    NusAG ·

Check out AliceCrystals. Her work is beautiful. She's based in Russia and will do custom orders based on your choice of colors. First she makes a base of roses then adds the brooches. I was worried on how long it would take but done in ONE week!! It's in shipping mode now.. that takes a bit of time.

• N
    Expert December 2013
    NusAG ·

Mrs_M - do you know how you will display the bouquet on the day of? Still working on that...

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·

These work great for floral bouquets. I don't know if a brooch bouquet would be too heavy. I'm sure there are weight guidelines in the specs. The pics are from etsy, but I know these can be found on amazon as well (maybe with a bit more description).

• N
    Expert December 2013
    NusAG ·

Thanks! I saw you posted this on another thread but was worried about the weight. I think I would use the bridesmaid bouquets on display like that.

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·

In a half gallon mason jar on the head table in-between FH and I. It's going to be heavy so I'll have to put something into it to weigh down the jar so it won't tip over. I'm still in the thought process, but that's what I'm leaning toward.

• Sarah
    Master August 2014
    Sarah ·

Mrs_M To Be I hope you post pics when you bouquet is done I will be watching for them.

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·

Sarah, fo shizzle! Gonna have to give me a few months lol =)

Comment on this discussion