Jakie
Savvy November 2019

Boudoir shoot Advice/inspiration

Jakie, on May 2, 2019 at 8:28 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 31
Saved Save

I am seriously considering doing a boudoir shoot for my fh but I have no idea what to wear for a shoot like that. Not to mention that I am nervous just thinking about it. For you ladies who have already done a shoot, how did you get over the nerves? Was it awkward? Also, any ideas you can throw my way about things I could wear would be great. I would love any advice!

And If anyone is comfortable enough, please share from your shoot! I need the inspiration! Feel free to DM me.

Thanks for your help ladies

31 Comments

• Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    I wore some of my favorite lingerie from Victoria’s Secret. It wasn’t really awkward, it was just like put your hand here, look at that wall, just instructions to follow. Most of the pics turned out great.
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, I am glad to hear that. I think I fear the most how my face will look. I do not want to look awkwardSmiley laugh

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    Definitely meet with your photographer and make sure you are comfortable with her. I was really nervous about it when I first contacted my photographer, but after meeting with her, I'm super excited to work with her! Most of my Inspiration has actually come from her boudoir blog, but I definitely want to do something with my veil like one of these. Google and pinterest has tons of ideas!

Boudoir shoot Advice/inspiration 1

Boudoir shoot Advice/inspiration 2
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, Alicia! Those are gorgeous picture ideas! I will contact my wedding photographer tomorrow.

• Victorian Bride
    January 1900
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    I'm hoping to do one, but it maybe after our wedding. If so, he'll get the photos for our wedding reception a few months later. I've become ill and now I can't wear most of the cute things I'd bought. So I pray I can wear them. One thing I found at David's Bridal online, didn't realize they had lingerie, was a gorgeous vintage inspired garter belt and bra set. It's in a gorgeous ivory lace. The garter belt is on a 1930 or 40's design. It's all lace with pink ribbons, matching bra, and thong. I also bought ivory lace top thigh high stockings elsewhere. I would suggest to try to buy things you love so you feel beautiful and that will make you more comfortable. Have fun!!!
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, thank you. Good advice. I wish you the best of luck!!

• Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé won me a lux boudoir session and I’m super nervous for it! They had good advice and pictures on their website. I bought some VS lingerie and a long veil for pictures like the ones posted. I’m going to get my wedding garter early and use that as well as a small bouquet to hold, maybe something of my fiancé’s too. To feel my best I’m getting my pre wedding haircut done that day and having them spend a little extra time styling it and touching up my makeup.
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exciting!!! I wish you the best of luck. Please, let me know how it goes Smiley smile
  • Rachel
    Super July 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Lace bodysuits look amazing in boudoir shoots. Things like sheer tops, sheer robes, lacey thongs, loose fitting tanks etc all look really good. I find that neutral colors look really good but if you want bold colors then do that! You can do a boudoir shoot with pretty much anything. Everything I wore for my shoot was sheer but I regret not getting some shots that were fully nude or at least topless but now I just have excuse to do another one next year lol. It’s not as awkward as you think it is, these photographers do this all the time!
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my! Those ideas sound great. Thank you. I have lots of homework to do now lol. And really? Wow, you are brave for wanting to do topless or nudes. I always have heard that a woman gets addicted to them lol . Thank you so much!

• CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag
    I’m doing one at the end of this summer (after my lingerie shower) and I’m planning on wearing blacks/neutrals that are sheer or lacy. I’ve been looking on Pinterest for inspiration and also definitely plan on getting several in white with my veil (it’s going to be long) and I’m super excited!
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, how wonderful! That sound beautiful!!! Thank you.

• CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Also I was told that bringing something of my FH’s would help too whether it’s a shirt he loves or a Knick knack, something to pose with of his. I’ll probably steal FH’s white button up (he’s a manager at BBW and his dress code is white shirts/jeans) and button just one or two with a lace thong
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, that's a great idea! Very sexy Smiley smile

• Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag

I have gotten such good ideas so far. Thank you, ladies!!

• Victorian Bride
    January 1900
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    One of my biggest fears is a red face!! 😂
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, I understand. May the face God's help us both lol.

• Cynthia
    Expert June 2019
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag
    Mine is this weekend!!! I'm definitely doing one with my wedding night lingerie and veil. And I had bought a few new things as well. It helps that my photographer doing mine is married to my cousin.. and I may do a shot of liquor or two before.. I'm sure it will help if you find things to wear that make you feel comfortable and beautiful! Your fh is going to love it! Mine is not expecting this. He has told me before that there is no way I would ever do this but he is going to get a big surprise the morning of the wedding!
  • Jakie
    Savvy November 2019
    Jakie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my!!! That sounds amazing. Yes, you are right. I should wear what I love. You are going to do fine! Just don't get tipsy Smiley tongue.

• Cynthia
    Expert June 2019
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I wont! I dont want to look like a mess! But I am nervous to! But I want to surprise him. I know it will blow him away if I do it. I never thought of wearing one of his shirts. But that is also a really good idea! I hope you find things that you love and rock that photo shoot!

Comment on this discussion