Jess
Dedicated July 2017

Bora Bora vs Moorea

Jess, on January 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 5
Saved Save

We are starting to look at packages from Costco for our honeymoon. We are interested in going to the South Pacific and have narrowed down our list to Bora Bora or Moorea. Both packages have over the water bungalows and look absolutely gorgeous in pictures, but I wanted to reach out to see if any of you had visited these locations and which one did you prefer? Unfortunately, our work schedules will only allow us to spend 5 days so we can only go to one location. The costco package for Bora Bora is more expensive, but is it worth it when Moorea looks so similar?

Thanks for your help!

5 Comments

• Jessica
    Expert May 2017
    Jessica ·

We are going to Moorea in May

• Bride2B2017
    Devoted August 2017
    Bride2B2017 ·

Keep in mind it takes at least a day to get to bora bora, so that's two days on a plane out of your 5 days of vacation/honeymoon.

• Savannah
    Devoted September 2018
    Savannah ·

We are going to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. Like above user said it will be about 50 hours travel time out of those five days. We have chosen for 10 days there to make sure we have time to rest as well. If Moorea isn't as harsh on time then definitely go there!

• SoonToBeMrsE
    Expert May 2017
    SoonToBeMrsE ·

They are both Tahitian islands. Meaning you would still fly to the same island and take a ferry or puddle jumper to either island.

I'd be concerned about travel time though.. we ended up picking somewhere else because we only have 10 days- with travel time, and jet lag we thought we would need more time

• Sara
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Sara ·

May I ask where you decided on? We are also debating between the 2 islands.

Comment on this discussion