A
VIP July 2015

Booked 2 things yesterday - a colonoscopy and a honeymoon! What continents have you been to?

Alyssa, on June 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 26
Saved Save

Yesterday was very crazy for me lol first, I finally booked a colonoscopy after the GI doctor has been telling me for years that I need one. Oh boy, not looking forward to this...

But the day got better when we finally, FINALLY booked our honeymoon to Morocco!!! We leave the day after we get married for 8 days and 7 nights on the African coast! I hope to do South America - most likely Machu Picchu in Peru - for our one year anniversary so that all I have left on my list is Australia and Antarctica!

How many continents have you been to and what are they?

edited for spelling error

edited to make title fit on one line

26 Comments

• Celia Milton
    February 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

You are hilarious! I bet I know which one your'e looking forward to......LOL....

I've been lucky enough to visit all of them, thanks to my former career as a menswear designer. My personal favorite places are Sri Lanka and Japan; your honeymoon sounds amazing!!

• A
    VIP July 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Wow, Sri Lanka! That's definitely on my list of places to go!

Japan is also my personal favorite! You're very lucky, I need a new career! lol

• Missy
    Master October 2017
    Missy ·
    • Flag

This might be the best title ever LOL

I have visited parts of North America (where I also live), Europe and Asia. Can't wait to do more though. @Celia, Japan is also one of my favorites! Such an amazing country, I can't wait to go back.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

Haha oh wow...well umm good luck with the first one, and have fun with the second one haha!!

I've actually never been outside the country (didn't have the money really to travel out of country growing up and my parents had no desire to take us places). I just got my passport to travel to Tahiti/Bora Bora for our honeymoon and I'm so excited!! Luckily in my profession there will be more opportunities to travel, I can't wait to visit other places!

@Celia, you have done so many cool life things! Right now you get to marry people like every day, you used to be a caterer, and before that you were part of designing menswear?? What else have you done?? I want to know your life story!

• they/them pigeon
    VIP January 2016
    they/them pigeon ·
    • Flag

Morocco sounds amazing, you should definitely tell us all about it when you get back! The colonoscopy sounds... less amazing. Fingers crossed that if they find something, it's either benign or easily corrected, and if they don't find anything, whatever reasons you needed the colonoscopy don't continue to trouble you!

• J
    Master May 2016
    Jac3286 ·
    • Flag

That sounds so fun! I've only been in North America - I'm slacking, I know. One day though.

Regarding the colonoscopy, don't worry about it! Yes, the prep is a little uncomfortable, but no where near as bad as you think it will be. The worst part was the not eating for 24 hours. The colonoscopy itself is easy peasy. I had mine in February. You just take a nice little nap and you wake up feeling refreshed, a little loopy, and hungry. The twilight sedation drugs they use are pretty amazing.

• Lara
    Master July 2015
    Lara ·
    • Flag

I have the same two left of my list as you do! I definitely hope to get to both someday!

• A
    VIP July 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

@HIH have fun with your first out of country experience!!

@Kay and @Jackie, thank you so much for your well wishes! I'm pretty scared about the propofol. I had surgery last year and went into the OR crying hysterically and woke up crying. I know this is a lot smaller of a dose but I'm still worried...

@Lara, I think Antarctica will be the toughest to check off the list!!!

• A
    VIP July 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Where in Morocco? We'll be in El Jadida and Casablanca but I might try to make a day trip to Rabat! I'd love to try out Essaouira or Marrakesh but they're more like an overnight stay, so we'll see.

• Jade
    Master May 2016
    Jade ·
    • Flag

Wow Morocco sounds Awesome!

FH & I just recently went to Europe for the first time together in March. So we've been to places in North America (also where we live), Europe (France & Italy), Mexico and then to the Caribbean.

We're hoping to do either Thailand or Greece for our Honeymoon so we may get to say Asia by next year also!

• Celia Milton
    February 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you...

Honestly, I've been very lucky, but I've only been to about a dozen US states; my dream is to take a month or so and drive (ideally, with an airstream trailer) across the country. To me, that would be the ideal "honeymoon"!!

Jade, Thailand is gorgeous, and if you're a diver? You'll be in heaven.

• OriginalRandi
    Master November 2015
    OriginalRandi ·
    • Flag

Hahaha this is amazing!! Smiley smile

• Brenda
    Super September 2015
    Brenda ·
    • Flag

Your honeymoon sounds so great! I've been to Europe and Asia (I live in North America, of course). FH is from South America so I hope to go soon!

• A
    VIP July 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

We have some well traveled ladies on here!

@Jade, I had Thailand high on the list but it is a very far trip for us. Morocco is only 7 hours. Thailand would be more like 22 hours. (And for you too, since I'm guessing you're local to NYC based on your profile pic!) We have a short window to travel and want to get there as quickly as possible!

@Celia, that sounds awesome! Can I come???

• purplekitten
    Master October 2015
    purplekitten ·
    • Flag

Just the one I was born on (North America) plus a couple Caribbean islands.

I want to go to Australia. FH wants to go to Japan (blargh).

• A
    VIP July 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

PK, I'm dying to go to Australia! I can't wait to go somewhere south of the equator actually! We considered a couple places but that whole opposite season thing changed our minds lol

• SaraLep
    Master September 2015
    SaraLep ·
    • Flag

In europe, i've only been to Turkey. Nothing further east either.

I had a colonoscopy because I have crohn's disease. the prep is the worst. take a few laxatives the day before you need to prep, it will help.

• Kate
    Expert May 2017
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I have been very fortunate in my life so far. I've been to 16 different countries. I still need to go to the Middle East, Africa, South America, and Antarctica (although I did do an Antarctica simulator in New Zealand though! Does that count? Haha, no.). Ireland is a big spot for my FH and I. . . And it's currently our number #1 for our honeymoon --- but part of me still wants to push for a honeymoon in a country we've both never been to. . . like India, South Africa, Indonesia (Bali), Morocco, Egypt, or something like that! FH's potential career path could have us traveling internationally a lot in the future though so maybe doing something tame wouldn't be so bad for our honeymoon.

ETA: edited for typos.

• SimpleSeamstress
    Master June 2015
    SimpleSeamstress ·
    • Flag

Lol! Ditto to the thread title being hilarious.

I have really been fortunate to have opportunities to travel when I was a exchange student in High School and in college.

The Americas: Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, Chile and Argentina

Europe: United Kingdom (England, Scotland, and Wales)

Australia/Oceania: New Zealand

There are so many other places that I would love to go. Probably won't happen once we start a family though Smiley smile

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·
    • Flag

I want to go on a big European trip with DH before we have kids. We wanted to go to Scotland and France for our HM, but that wasn't financially possible.

Places I've been: all the West Coast states and most (possibly all) of the East Coast plus Arizona, Canada (Niagara area and PEI), Bermuda, Scotland (lived there for 3 mos,, love the Highlands. I seriously considered changing colleges and finishing school there), England (London).

Places I want to go: France, Czech Republic (one of my good friends has lived there for the past 3 years and posts beautiful pictures), Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Hawaii, Sweden, Norway and Switzerland.

Hopefully we can travel when we have 2 incomes.

ETA: and Israel.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics