Molly
Devoted November 2020

Biggest Fear

Molly, on April 21, 2019 at 10:16 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 43
Saved Save
What is your biggest fear about your wedding day!

I have to say my biggest fear, is drama from family members that I know who always want the attention always on them.

43 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    Exactly same
  • Jennifer
    Savvy September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    Rain! My dream ceremony looks like this, and I’m so nervous it’s going to rain. There’s a contingency plan in place, but it won’t be a spiral seating situation if it rains. 😬

Biggest Fear 1
  • Heather
    Expert April 2020
    Heather ·

Guests using their cell phones during the ceremony.

Also, most of my FH's family haven't seen/talked to him in years and has never met me. I know that the reception is somewhat talking to guests, but my FH is a huge talker. Like he could have a 2 hour conversation with a random person...haha. I know that his family is going to want to catch up with him and probably ask me questions since I've never met them. I really want to enjoy our reception with minimal conversation so we can dance and have fun. So that fear is my FH talking the entire night instead of us enjoying the reception. To hopefully bring conversations to a minimum, I suggested a day-after breakfast with just his family so that they can get caught up on his life without talking over music and we can enjoy the reception.

• Future Mrs. A 💍
    Devoted October 2020
    Future Mrs. A 💍 ·
    My biggest feat is definitely rain during my outside ceremony and of coarse my monthly friend
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    Mine would be unorganization. Like no signs or coordination where everyones just confused. OR no one showing up! (I know that wont happen though)
  • Tynesha
    Dedicated May 2019
    Tynesha ·

Things not being set up like I want. I have taken pictures of what my centerpieces are supposed to look like and sent them to the two ladies that will be there early that morning just so that can check and make sure that they are done correctly lol

• Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    People not showing up. It’s a destination wedding and even if they RSVP I worry they will cancel last minute.

• N
    Expert July 2019
    Natalie ·
    My biggest fear is drama at the wedding I have some guests who love to judge and start drama my mom and dad are also divorced and my dad and stepdad have never gotten along I also have some guests who are heavy drinkers so I’m afraid they will get to drunk and start something my last fear is FH family not having a good time only 8 family members are coming since they are from China this will be their first American wedding so I’m afraid they won’t understand anything or get bored and hate everything.
  • Jessica
    Super October 2019
    Jessica ·
    Rain.... and looking bad in my pictures!
  • Maggie
    Expert April 2020
    Maggie ·
    My biggest fear is not feeling well day of- I have a lot of medical issues that lead to hospital visits, and being couch ridden so I honestly just want to feel okay day of
  • Futuremrsv
    Super October 2020
    Futuremrsv ·
    Biggest fear-

1)-Not feeling well...i always seem to get a cold right before i travel or a large event. Or my stomach will cause issues(i have stomach problems)

2)- Someone stealing the card box. Some people have sticky fingers...and supposedly someone coming to our wedding had stolen another bride and grooms cards in the past.!

3)-im also fearful people will show up with other people who werent invited or they might bring their kid instead of the husband who was invited!
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

I would say weather, as our date is in December, but I feel like we can come up with a contingency plan.

But it's my fiancé's older brother I'm worried about really. They've never been close, but this past year has really shown us his true colors. Without spilling too much tea, he and his wife are divorcing and his threatening not to let their sons be a part of the wedding. This has obviously made my fiancé furious as those boys mean the world to him.

• A
    Devoted November 2019
    Amanda ·

Mom and Dad being uncomfortable having to be close to eachother.

I think thats what would bother me the most. There are other things that could happen, but this one I feel like would be hard for me to have to deal with.

• Masonbride
    Dedicated June 2019
    Masonbride ·
    Drama filled people causing problems
  • Lauren
    Devoted October 2019
    Lauren ·
    Rain. Out ceremony is outdoors.
  • Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    Tripping down the aisle! I'm super clumsy! Haha.
  • Megan
    Devoted March 2021
    Megan ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Good idea about day after breakfast.

Did you already plan your rehearsal dinner or an event like that? So maybe they can talk with guys then before the wedding and reception.
  • E
    Dedicated July 2019
    Emerita ·
    This post is great! I’m glad we share the same fears. My biggest fear is family drama and people not showing up
  • Iris
    Expert May 2019
    Iris ·
    I gotta say that I’m trying to trust the good judgment of my family members so that they don’t turn our big day into a big scene due to all the recent drama in both families. However, I think my biggest fear is rain... Even though my ceremony and reception are indoors, just getting into the car and out of the car, and riding a convertible isn’t such a comfortable thing on a rainy day. And if it’s like everything in my life, when it rains, it pours, so God have mercy on us! My other fear is not having a cake... I don’t know why have a fixation on the cake, I’ve had nightmares about having a wedding without cake. I guess those are my biggest fears at this point.
  • Alhina
    Devoted August 2019
    Alhina ·
    My biggest fear is family members bringing drama to the wedding and tripping while walking down the isle. I haven't walked in heels in years lol.

Comment on this discussion