T-Rex
Master August 2013

Best tips for honeymoon at the Grand Canyon?

T-Rex, on July 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
Saved Save

Hi all. FH and I really want to have a honeymoon at the Grand Canyon, but neither of us have been there before. Any tips?

7 Comments

• Val
    Master May 2013
    Val ·

When are you planning on going? It can get really hot there in the summer time but it's very beautiful! It's also beautiful when it snows..you can probably take a helicopter ride that takes you over it.

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·

Probably March. We're getting married on March 8, and then spring break is a week later (we're both teachers). I know that there are several different parts of the Canyon to stay - we want to hike (obviously) and are not afraid of roughing it. Neither one of us are luxury spa/resort people.

• Angie B
    VIP August 2012
    Angie B ·

Do a helicopter tour over and into the canyon it is expensive but so worth it. I have done it twice and the second time was just as amazing.

• Val
    Master May 2013
    Val ·

Ok because I went the ending of February and it was full of snow.. So maybe ending of April or may would be better if you want to hike the trails if that's possible for you guys.

• Lirana
    VIP October 2013
    Lirana ·

I went with my mom for my birthday two years ago (May 22) and it was snowing. We only went for a day. I would say pack for warm and cold weather. It was pretty hot during the day, but the evening got cold FAST. And like I said, the next day it was snowing in the morning. Since we were only there for a day, I don't really have any tips for you about stuff to do.

• Future Mrs. K
    Dedicated February 2014
    Future Mrs. K ·

Havasupai falls is a beautiful hike!!! Here's a link to check it out http://www.havasupaifalls.net/

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·

Havasupai falls is really roughing it though haha...FH and I are thinking about taking a backpacking trip next October though. Are you into whitewater rafting? I bet the rapids would be awesome at that time of year!

Comment on this discussion