Jillian
Savvy October 2020

Best ring cleaner for real diamonds?

Jillian, on February 24, 2019 at 5:12 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved Save
What store bought cleaner is the best for real diamonds? And how often can you use it?

15 Comments

• Rachel
    Savvy October 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Windex and a toothbrush Smiley smile
  • Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona ·
    • Flag
    I also use windex and a baby tooth brush! It’s safe for the diamond and works great! Windex is also good if your ring is tight and you want to get it off.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I bought one of those magnasonic ring cleaning machines off amazon and I’m obsessed with it!
  • J
    Devoted July 2020
    Jaime Online ·
    • Flag

I like the Dazzle sticks you get on Amazon. Portable and they work really well!

• K
    Dedicated August 2019
    Katy ·
    • Flag
    Kay jewelers sold me one for $20
  • SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag
    I use Dawn dish soap and warm water. Let it soak in a shot glass for about 15 mins and then scrub with a baby toothbrush. The Dawn cuts through any dirt and grime and leaves it sparkling!
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I take it every 6 month for cleaning and tighting at the place fiancé got it. At home I use one the gave me that lasts for a year so I can do some quick clean ups. For other diamonds I have use water and soap and put it on the microwave than clean it with alcohol or perfume and a brush. Works amazing but I haven’t done it with the ring.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I use Connoisseurs ring cleaner (it comes with a little brush) once a week. I take it to get professionally cleaned & the prongs checked once a month, it's free at my local jewelry! I am thinking about getting a steam cleaner for jewelry off Amazon so I can do it at home though.

• Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This this this this this! My #1 go to and it works like a charm!
  • Kat
    Expert May 2019
    Kat ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Loveeee the Diamond Dazzle stick!
  • Victoria
    VIP October 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This might be a stupid question because it's only a cleaner, but does it affect the warranty of your rings at all?
  • Xandra
    Savvy April 2019
    Xandra ·
    • Flag
    Dawn dish soap for 10ish minutes, in a cup. Dont do windex it makes the diamonds sticky.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Not that I’m aware of!
  • Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agree to the Diamond Dazzle stick!! Great for super quick cleaning.

I bought one of the magnasonic ring cleaning machines and Connoisseurs ring cleaner but haven't had a chance to use them yet.

• D
    Savvy March 2020
    Danica ·
    • Flag

I use the Connoisseurs ring cleaner for semi-precious stones, diamonds and gold since my E-Ring is a combo of diamond and black sapphire. I have been using it daily and it works like a charm, leaving my ring all kinds of shiny and sparkly!

Comment on this discussion