Mary
Dedicated April 2020

Best places to sell your extra wedding stuff.

Mary, on November 13, 2018 at 1:21 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved Save
So a while ago I bought a wedding dress from a thrift store that I was going to remake. But later on my fianc茅 surprised me with 2 wedding dresses that were brand new never worn and I picked one. I鈥檓 currently selling the 2 extra dresses (the thrift store one and the brand new one), extra veils (cathedral and chapel length), gloves, garter, ring bearer pillow, online on Poshmark. But the sells are taking a while, the extra stuff is taking space, and extra money sooner would be nice for this college student 馃槀 Do you guys have any recommended stores/ wedsites where you think the sells would be a lot faster?

12 Comments

• Courtney
    Dedicated August 2019
    Courtney
    I would try preownedweddingdresses.com... not sure how fast they would sell but worth a try
  • K
    Expert September 2019
    K.glass
    Facebook marketplace also
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra Online
    There are tons of Facebook resale groups for wedding attire and decor. Try looking for those in your area.
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca

Hey Mary!!

As PPs mentioned, I always see a lot of Facebook groups for selling wedding items! You could post your items both in Facebook marketplace or find some local yard sale/wedding dress sale groups for you to join. I've heard other community members mention Tradesy.com and Ebay. I've also heard of PreownedWeddingDress.com, as Courtney mentioned. They have a page on WeddingWire with lots of reviews for you to browse through. Check it out: PreownedWeddingDress.com WeddingWire Page

• Dedicated March 2019
    Offerup and Let Go are apps that sites you can post things. I've always sold my things quickly. A wedding dress might be harder to sell because of the price, but I know there are people out there that scroll through the pages for wedding dresses. I know I have lol!!
  • Mary
    Dedicated April 2020
    Mary
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks, I will give it a try
  • Mary
    Dedicated April 2020
    Mary
    View Quoted Comment
    I also have it there. No luck yet but fingers crossed
  • Mary
    Dedicated April 2020
    Mary
    View Quoted Comment
    I will definitely look that up. Thank you
  • Mary
    Dedicated April 2020
    Mary
    View Quoted Comment
    Tha k you
  • Mary
    Dedicated April 2020
    Mary
    View Quoted Comment
    *thank you 馃槀
  • Mary
    Dedicated April 2020
    Mary
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you 馃槉 and yes it is harder to sell wedding dresses
  • Jen
    VIP July 2018
    Jen

I sold all of my things (card box, lanterns, vases, shoes, table number holders, etc.) on Facebook Marketplace. I still haven't figured out what to do with the dress so I'm not sure FB is the place for that.

Comment on this discussion