Anisea
Master July 2014

Best Color Centerpieces for my yellow walled venue? White/Yellow or something else?

Anisea, on March 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 16
Saved Save

Hi Ladies, My reception space is white columns, yellow walls, and the carpet is a medium blue ("colonial blue"). I was going to have burgundy/dark red centerpieces, but looking at the colors of the space, red doesn't go with blue and yellow, at all. Do you think I should order white and yellow flowers? White with some blue accents? Or Yellow flowers? I'm attaching two pics of my venue space, and the original color scheme, which doesn't match.

The table cloths will be white, and the decor is victorian/art nouveau, and ideas or advice are appreciated!

16 Comments

• lidy
    Devoted June 2014
    lidy ·
    • Flag

I think that white and yellow would go really

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

Awesome space. I think you could do just about anything. Bright reds, or light blues would go great. Personally, I think white and yellow would be too uniform.

• Jessika Cartwright <3
    VIP October 2014
    Jessika Cartwright <3 ·
    • Flag

Go bold!! I think if you were to do yellow and white, like Karen said, it will all look too matchy matchy. Getting those pops of color in there will look nice!

• J&B
    Master September 2013
    J&B ·
    • Flag

Not red -- hello, ketchup & mustard.

• Anisea
    Master July 2014
    Anisea ·
    • Flag

Yea red doesnt work, no matter how i tried to convince myself

• Shannon A
    Master May 2014
    Shannon A ·
    • Flag

Not yellow. just tooo much yellow! i think blues or greens would look awesome

• Monana
    VIP May 2015
    Monana ·
    • Flag

I would say a bright green would look great! Definitely not red.

• J&B
    Master September 2013
    J&B ·
    • Flag

What color are your bridesmaid dresses?

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

Yes-- red won't go.

Using yellow would be too much yellow.

Blue would probably work, but the kinds of flowers that come in blues don't really go with your theme.

So. . . I suggest, white, pink, and dark greenery! The flowers that come in these colors will go with your theme (I'm thinking roses, ranunculus, orchids, eucalyptus, etc), and they wont class with the decor, but they'll still add some color (instead of just having white tablecloths and all white centerpieces).

• Anisea
    Master July 2014
    Anisea ·
    • Flag

The BMs are red, but im not worried about it, because the outside of the building is red, and the dinner doesnt have to matchy matchy

• Michele
    VIP August 2014
    Michele ·
    • Flag

Ok for all that think Red does not go with gold or yellow I ask .. how do you make orange?

Let's look from an artistic view. Those colors are complementary colors. Red in fact would look fantastic.. Look at the roses in these arrangements

• Michele
    VIP August 2014
    Michele ·
    • Flag

You could use purples, blues, green, honestly think about things at xmas time. Do we not all mix these colors with gold?

• LJ411
    Master April 2015
    LJ411 ·
    • Flag

I honestly think that your color scheme would really pop in that room if you went with it.

• J&B
    Master September 2013
    J&B ·
    • Flag

Red & Yellow are not complementary. Colors on opposite sides of the color wheel are complementary. The fact that they make orange means nothing.

• Michele
    VIP August 2014
    Michele ·
    • Flag

@J&B- the orange and blue are complementary colors my dear! I know that much .. she has blue in the background of her pics.. and red with the yellow becomes orange which is complementary.

• Future Mrs. Pichon
    Super September 2014
    Future Mrs. Pichon ·
    • Flag

I think the red roses would be okay since you have white linens. Now if you used red linens that would be another story. Definitely don't go yellow- it will just blend in too much. I think white would be great. I also really like those white and green hydrangeas and I think they make beautiful simple centerpieces.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics