Jean
Beginner August 2020

Bay Area ca

Jean, on March 12, 2019 at 11:19 PM Posted in California Planning 0 5
Saved Save
Anyone from Bay Area would like to share where you’re having your venue at? More or so around South Bay Area is preferred and if so what’s included in your venue? I’d like to hear some ideas since I’m fresh into looking at some venues soon. Tips on what I should ask when looking?

5 Comments

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·
    • Flag

Hi Jean! The WeddingWire venue directory is a great place to look for venues. I've started a search for you in the San Francisco area, I'm not sure how far South you want to go!

San Francisco Wedding Venues

In the WeddingWire ideas section, I also found 2 really handy articles I think will help you during your search.

The 12 Questions to Ask a Wedding Venue BEFORE Booking

8 Questions Every Couple Forgets to Ask Wedding Venues

• Jean
    Beginner August 2020
    Jean ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow, I should definitely give WeddingWire venue a try. I will also look into the links you sent. thank you the tips, they are very helpful!
  • Melanie
    Dedicated August 2019
    Melanie ·
    • Flag
    I only looked at one venue in South Bay and it was called Saratoga Springs. It was quite nice and the event planner was super sweet and responsive. I ultimately decided on a different venue in Napa Valley but I like Saratoga Springs. Another venue was Nestldown. I hope you find a venue you love!!
  • Jean
    Beginner August 2020
    Jean ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I literally did some research on Saratoga springs just yesterday and was planning to make an appointment to take a look. It’ll be my first actual venue tour. I heard lots of good things about, now I’m excited to go and see for myself, thanks!
  • Realynn
    Expert September 2019
    Realynn ·
    • Flag
    Hello! I’ll be getting married at Gilroy Gardens which includes venue, food, and basic rentals! They also don’t charge for gratuity since it’s a non-profit Smiley smile

There’s a LOT of questions you can ask! Here’s some that I feel are fairly uncommon:
    1. Does the venue come with a coordinator and what do they typically do?
    2. Is there a backup location?
    3. Can we drop off any decor the week of?

You can also try asking the venues for advice, like what are common things people forget at weddings, what to avoid, etc. This is a good rule of thumb to ask ANY vendor you inquire!

Comment on this discussion