R
Beginner April 2018

Barcelona Honeymoon - Any tips? Recommendations ?

Ruben, on January 19, 2018 at 8:49 PM Posted in Honeymoon
We are getting married on April 21st and fly out the day after ! This is our first time visiting any part of Europe. Has anyone visited Barcelona and have any advice to share?
Share:

14 Comments

• Amanda
    Expert June 2018
    Amanda ·
    I live for a year in Barcelona! Make sure you go to park Guell and have some sangria. Also sagrada familia is a must! Any beach is great, but barceloneta was my favorite because you can walk down Las rambles grab a smoothie at the boqueria meerkat, and ends up at the beach. The people are about the friendliest you'll ever meet. The old city is lost of fun wander but don't stay in old city after dark tourists are prime targets for pick pocketing... That is really the only place to worry about. I never had any issues, but some friends did that is the only reason I said anything. Let me know if you want more info... I could write a book on this city.
  • ap2al
    VIP October 2018
    ap2al ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yes to everything above! Barcelona was fabulous. I also recommend a bike tour through the city (through Viator, which is an awesome website and have never had any issues with their tours). The bike tour was incredible as I got to see some of the major sites, bike ride through this incredible city, and had a very informative guide.

• J
    Expert May 2018
    J ·
    We are starting our honeymoon in Barcelona and I’m very excited! Here is a helpful site with tips about the city that I found (a friend who has been there also told us buying tickets ahead of time for certain attractions is a good idea): https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.budgettravel.com/article/budget-travel-tips-tested-tips-for-visiting-barcelona_46407/amp
  • Vanessasaurus
    Rockstar
    Vanessasaurus ·

Following! We are planning a Mediterrenean cruise out of Barcelona but staying a few extra days in Barca. I would love to catch a soccer match while we're there but because the time of year, it will be unlikely unless there's some type of friendly match.

• R
    Beginner April 2018
    Ruben ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you ! I have also heard about pick pocketting being an issue in Europe, so we'll take the extra steps to be careful. By old city , are you referring to the Gothic Quarter? Or are those two different areas?
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    Ruben ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds really nice ! I hope you guys have a wonderful time ! I too would love to watch a Barca game.
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    Ruben ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Ashlea ! I didn't think of getting a bike tour there. I will look into it. Sounds like it would be a good time
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    Ruben ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the link J ,

Where else are you guys planning on going ? We only booked a hotel in Barça for 3 out of 9 nights that we are there. We did that because we are hoping to explore other parts of Spain , as we have heard that Barcelona is quite different from the rest of Spain. Seems like they don't consider themselves Spanish either.
  • Amanda
    Expert June 2018
    Amanda ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes old city and the Gothic quarter are the same. The best ways in are off Las rambles! So much fun to wander around and if you are super touristy like I was during the first few weeks, the bazaar in the Gothic areas have cheaper souvenirs that are way cooler than the ones in the main tourist drags around the city.
  • J
    Expert May 2018
    J ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We actually are taking a cruise that leaves from Barcelona but flying in a few days early to spend some extra time there. So we won’t have time to explore other parts of Spain, but I have heard that Madrid is also great to visit so I hope to go there some day too!
  • R
    Beginner April 2018
    Ruben ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Amanda,

Thanks for the good tips !
  • Kayla
    Savvy May 2019
    Kayla ·

I LOVE BARCELONA! Make sure you go to Tibidabo! It has amazing views of the city. And get to Sagrada Familia early in the day, like right when it opens, to avoid lines. But definitely go. It was the only building that was so beautiful it actually made me cry. Also I'd recommend a train pass - their system is really quick and easy to learn. Lets you maximize your time there and get the most out of the city. Be careful of pickpockets on La Rambla (I usually just wore my purse zipped up under my jacket or locked the zipper to the strapwith a mini padlock thing - never had a problem) and don't forget Park Guell and any other Gaudi attractions you can go to like his house!

• monty
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    monty ·

Hi girls! I am also looking for tips in Barcelona because this city is also one of our stops in our honeymoon. In our case, we are planning the trip for october. Not only we are going to visit Barcelona, but algo Menorca, Sevilla, Valencia and Granada. But about Barcelona, where we will be just 3 days, can you recommend me some private tours? Of course, we would like to visit its monuments, but also taste the gastronomý and that kind of things. Thank!

• Victoria
    Just Said Yes September 2017
    Victoria ·

Hi Ruben. I got married a year ago in Sausalito, CA. I was looking at options for the honeymoon and in the end we decided to go to Spain. We were in the north, in Catalonia, in the Balearic Islands, in Andalusia and in the Canary Islands. It was a very nice trip and we learned a lot of country and flamenco culture. In fact, we met several artists at a restaurant with flamenco in Barcelona and he told us that in that area of Spain there was an important tradition of flamenco. Without a doubt, it was a good choice, we learned a lot and that is the important thing.

Comment on this discussion