OldFashionedBride
Super November 2014

BAM!!!! with non-pro pics! So much fun!!

OldFashionedBride, on November 11, 2014 at 9:35 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 15
Saved Save

It was just the best day! I just don't think we could have asked for or hoped for any better. Weather was perfect. Venue was lovely. Food was amazing. Cakes were delicious! and people had a great time! (as far as I know)

Pics...my cake (with hidden Mickeys), his cake--he's a trail runner, there were trees on the lower tiers. and us. Smiley smile

15 Comments

• Ashley P.
    Super October 2014
    Ashley P. ·
    • Flag

LOVE your cake and you looked gorgeous. Congrats!!

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

How beautiful! Congrats!

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

More pics...

First dance.

Entry hall of main house on venue. (the large floral arrangement was also used for the ceremony and at the buffet)

Us finally getting a bite to eat. (barely!)

• R
    VIP October 2015
    RhnCasi419 ·
    • Flag

Congratulations. You look stunning!! And that dress is gorgeous!!

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

Sparkler exit. Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Master October 2014
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Yay! Beautiful!

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

Advice:

--I followed the WW checklist, and it was hugely helpful. (used the budget tool and guest list tools, too--so thanks to WW for providing these things!)

--With research, and probably some luck, our vendor team was AMAZING. It did help a ton, I think, with my stress levels to hire some of the preferred vendors of the venue--which in this case was the caterer, florist, and ceremony musician, in particular. They have all worked together many times, and know each other's policies and how they like to do things, so I didn't have to coordinate that much.

--By following the checklist, I knew I had as much done as I could, and for the wedding day, I could just roll with it. I think I said "This train is rolling, we just have to hang on for the ride" about 10 times starting on Friday afternoon. There was a rip in the tux pants when DH went to pick it up...fine--another pair was brought in Saturday (wedding was Sunday). My sisters and I couldn't get the top hook of my dress hooked before the wedding (stupid backfat), and I just said, "I have a safety pin." They didn't end up using it, and I went without it hooked. The zipper was fine.

--we did a first look and it was great. I did not cry nearly as much at any point in the evening as I thought I would...because I was just having the best time ever!

--few very very minor glitches, but nothing big at all (that I know of).

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·
    • Flag

You look beautiful! Congratulations!

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

Thanks!!

Oh...and a friend had told me to expect a 10% no show from people who had responded yes. She was close. We had 138 yes responses, and I think 10 didn't make it, and one couple (older) left before the food. So I could have saved some catering costs, but we didn't have *too much* leftover, so it's a wash.

and I did end up with too much bride's cake because everyone wanted his chocolate cake with caramel filling. There was none of that left at all! Good thing I upped the order for his cake--maybe should have dropped the size of mine, but we've got it in the freezer.

Also...even with about 125 people to talk to at the reception, it is hard to get around to everyone. Our reception wasn't crazy long (3.5 hours) with the Sunday night and venue limitations, and people were fine with that length--I just didn't have time to get to every guest.

• Soon To Be Mrs. Musser
    VIP June 2015
    Soon To Be Mrs. Musser ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! You looked Gorgeous! Smiley smile

• Kate
    Master May 2012
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!!! So glad that things worked out well for you, and you are beautiful and both look happy!!

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

I came back to search for your BAM and it didn't disappoint. I'm so glad you had an awesome day. You look amazing and I love your dress. Congrats OFB! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. xo

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

Oh, KarenM, thank you! I am going to do more as soon as I get the pro pics! Smiley smile Hope you are enjoying married life!!

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·
    • Flag

I will post another BAM with my pro-pics as well. I'm loving married life. Hope you are too!

• JanisV
    Super October 2015
    JanisV ·
    • Flag

Those are beautiful pics!!!! CongratsSmiley smile

Comment on this discussion