cantwait4thedate
VIP November 2017

BAM We Did It!! Cantwait's ProBam and Advice. (posted twice so I hid one)

cantwait4thedate, on Dec 3, 2017 at 2:02 PM Posted in Do It Yourself

First of all, I have to say the day was AMAZING!! Trust your vendors, this is what you paid them for. If you can afford a wedding planner or a DOC, it is well worth the money. We had a wedding service that did absolutely everything for our beach wedding, and I would have paid them twice that if I needed to, now that I know how amazing they were.

HUGE shout out and props to:

Dream Beach Wedding service in San Diego, and they included the arch, decorations, flowers, bouquets, chairs, officiant, sound system and music for processional and recessional, and photographer, who was absolutely AMAZING! They also filed our marriage license for us. Normally they include the beach permit but, because we had the ceremony in Coronado, they have a different permit and a different cost so we had to do and pay for that ourselves. Dream Beach gave us a credit for that amount and we used it to upgrade flowers.

Share:

46 Comments

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

Duplicate

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

Erin at Bluewater Grill and Boathouse on Coronado. We did do our own decorations for the reception, and Erin, the banquet manager, was on hand to help set everything up. We were the only reception/party that day so we were able to get there at 10 and decorate. If there had been a lunch banquet/reception, we wouldn’t have been able to get there until 4, which was when the wedding started, so Erin was going to take care of all the decorations herself, which was amazing. The ambiance at the Boathouse was just what we wanted for our “dinner party” vibe, and the food was AMAZING!!

My girls and family were just amazing. My daughter and step daughter did my hair and makeup (step daughter is a professional), because they wanted to do it for me. My daughter painted all the signs that you see. My 2 sisters, 1 best friend, and 3 daughters (1 I call daughter who isn’t blood) helped with making all the flower centerpieces the night before, which took about 4 hours.

My advice is to just soak in the day. People are so right that looking back the day just flies!! Make sure you enjoy getting ready and definitely eat something. I was a little bit stressed with getting to the venue and setting up the reception, but it really was unnecessary, as we had plenty of time. Make sure you have at least a generalized timeline, especially if you are DIYing the wedding/reception yourself. Also, know that it WILL take you longer than you think, so build in that extra time. Better to build in more time than needed, because if you are done early, you can just use that extra time to eat, get ready, or just chill.

Lastly, but super important in my book. DO NOT stress over the people that decline attending. Honestly, you think that you will be SO upset that they wont be there but, trust me, that day you may realize that they are not there, but it will NOT take away from your day,unless it might be someone like a parent. 2 of my sisters were not there, one because she passed in March and one because she was sick. I was a little disappointed that they weren’t there, but honestly it didn’t take anything away from the day.

eta: grammar

Here are some of my favorite pics:

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

Dup

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

My Husband, looking so handsome. Me, and my beautiful girls. I don't have many of H smiling, due to his Bell's Palsy, but he looks so handsome. The beautiful Hotel del Coronado in the background.

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

Some fun pics, including our guests and family.

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

More cute pics

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

The Bluewater Grill and reception tables.

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

Another Fav!!

• Nikki
    Expert May 2018
    Nikki ·

Congratulations! Looks like a truly beautiful day! Love the Hotel del for a backdrop.

• cantwait4thedate
    VIP November 2017
    cantwait4thedate ·

Thanks Nikki! It was an amazingly beautiful day. I am so in love with that hotel, it made the PERFECT backdrop!

• C
    Savvy August 2018
    Courtney ·

Congratulations!!

• futureJessicaRabbitt
    Beginner October 2018
    futureJessicaRabbitt ·

Beautiful! love smaller weddings, congrats!

• Kinkerb
    Dedicated August 2018
    Kinkerb ·

This is absolutely beautiful! Congrats

• RustyTheDog
    Dedicated December 2017
    RustyTheDog ·

Congrats! I love the pic of you with your daughters!

• KarenA
    Super June 2018
    KarenA ·

Congrats! Love that sunset pic and all the details.

• Christine
    Dedicated April 2018
    Christine ·

Beautiful pictures. Congratulations!

• Stacey
    Super October 2018
    Stacey ·

Beautiful! Congratulations! I love your dress.

• MoreMoore
    VIP November 2017
    MoreMoore ·

Everything is beautiful!! Congrats! And you're so right, people not there don't take away anything from the day.

Super March 2018
    033118 ·

I LOVE your BAM! My sister used your the same vendor as you for her ceremony last year. Congrats!

• Erica
    VIP August 2018
    Erica ·

Congratulations!! Great pictures!

Comment on this discussion