alyshadanielle
Master April 2015

BAM w/ non pro pics!

alyshadanielle, on April 17, 2015 at 10:15 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 155
Saved Save

Our day was nothing short of absolutely amazing! I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible so I can start posting pics! There were definitely things that went wrong but it wouldn't have been such a perfect day had they not. So here it goes!

Our entire bar order (liquor, beer, & wine) ended up at the wrong place. We had to call the store to find out what was wrong but they got it to us less than an hour later. Crisis averted!

One of our officiants ended up in the hospital the day of so his wife didn't show up until start time. She was such a mess & I was shocked that she even came!

I literally had to pee every five minutes from the time I got my dress on until the ceremony started. I guess it was the nerves because I never pee! I hope this doesn't happen to you! Lol

My MOH forgot her bouquet in the bridal suite - I blame it on myself for making her take a shot of jäger with me right before lol

155 Comments

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

We said our vows but never actually said, "I do". Um, this is official, right?

One of our RBs got sick right after the ceremony and threw up in the hallway of the reception hall. I must say I am so proud he held it until then!

The venue never put out the lanterns for our center pieces so they looked pretty bare. Honestly, I didn't even realize it until 2 days ago though!

FH lost his ring, like a dummy! We got him a new one the next day at JCP (for $99) and now we feel so stupid for spending almost $400 on his other one that is gone forever.

We smashed cake in each others face, but we didn't actually get to eat any. We did, very gently, feed each other chocolate strawberries though!

We danced our asses off and everyone got wasted - both of which were super important to me.

So my advice -

Seriously, don't sweat the small stuff! You read this every BAM but it is SO important.. I woke up in the morning with an IDGAF attitude and it stuck all day. I am so glad I didn't end up stressed by all the stuff that went wrong. Laugh it off & remember the importance of the day! .

Think outside the box when choosing vendors. Not everything has to cost a fortune and you don't have to go with the best in your city. My cousin did our hair.. I did my own makeup.. And we didn't have a DOC (my mom took on the role & loved every minute of it!) I found our DJ on Thumbtack for a great deal ($500 for 5 hours) and he was seriously my favorite person to deal with all day. Our photographer was a daughter of my dads coworker and she was so amazing. She shot all night for $400.

Practice your first dance. Even if it is just in the living room with your song playing on you tube. We both felt so comfortable and it turned out better than I could have imagined

Lastly, don't buy your FH an expensive ring because he WILL lose it, possibly on your wedding night!

Now... PICS! I took a lot of pictures of the details & venue because we did everything ourselves. Plus, I know we all get caught up in all that so, yeah lol.

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

1) Getting ready

2) Dress

3) Bouts

• OG Mrs.K (2.0)
    Master September 2014
    OG Mrs.K (2.0) ·
    • Flag

You look stunning - congrats!

• Laura
    Master October 2015
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Yaaaaay! Congrats!! Can't wait for more pics

• Trisha
    Master August 2015
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

I love your dress! Congrats! More pics!

• Jess
    Master May 2015
    Jess ·
    • Flag

F5 F5 F5

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2015
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

More!

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

1) Corsages

2) My Bouquet

3) MOH Bouquet

• Tara
    VIP April 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

Congrats! Sounds like a success to me!

• Missys984
    Master October 2015
    Missys984 ·
    • Flag

You looked great! I love your dress! More picsssssss

• Jenja
    Super January 2016
    Jenja ·
    • Flag

OMG. I'm so excited for this. Refreshing like crazy. I'm glad you really enjoyed your day! Congrats!

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

1) Centerpiece

2) Trail Mix

3) Trail Mix Jars

• Nay0801
    VIP August 2015
    Nay0801 ·
    • Flag

CONGRATS!aww you're glowing. Good BAMs make me check the calendar. Smiley smile

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

1) Memorial Table

2) Props

3) Wish Tree

• SnappyLove2015
    VIP April 2015
    SnappyLove2015 ·
    • Flag

I was just thinking about you last night! And wondering if I had missed you BAM! Yay I didn't!

I can't believe he lost his ring! And guessing he still can't think of where it may be!

You look so pretty and your dress is gorgeous! Not sure I ever saw your dress in other post.

I need MORE!!!!!!!!

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

1) Ceremony Space

2) Bar Table

2) Bar Sign

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

1) Cake

2) Grooms Cake

3) Backdrop

• purplekitten
    Master October 2015
    purplekitten ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! It looks beautiful!

I love the memorial table. I'm wondering if maybe I should steal the idea! (I haven't lost anyone for a long time, but FH's grandmother - whom he lived with at the time - passed away in December of 2013, and he got the news when we were on vacation - at the resort we're going back to for the wedding).

• alyshadanielle
    Master April 2015
    alyshadanielle ·
    • Flag

1) Selfie w/ mom

2) Selfie w/ dad (his first selfie ever)

3) Me, just feeling myself haha

• OG Kristen
    Master October 2015
    OG Kristen ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!! You looked so gorgeous! I can't wait to see more!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics