NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
Master August 2015

BAM!!!!! (Pro & Non Pro Pics, and a video)

NotAllWhoWanderAreLost, on August 26, 2015 at 2:55 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 73
Saved Save

Ok, try #2

So, it turns out that writing this is much harder then expected! I have so much that I want to say and sooo many pictures to share. The day itself was genuinely one of the best days of my life. It was not perfect, plenty of things went wrong but nothing disastrously and over all I don’t think it could have gone any better than it did. Our vendors all went above and beyond, and I have to say that despite me freaking out the week leading up, I was relaxed the day of and my vendors were much more nervous then I was, which was awesome!

First here is my favorite picture of my bridesmaids, and two of my favorites of me and the husband.

73 Comments

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

I am going to start with what went wrong, because that was what I really wanted to know when I read BAM’s. So here you go: I tripped going down the aisle, the buses for the guests going to the venue didn’t pick up at the front of the hotel and for a little bit couldn’t be found (people figured it out we got word out it didn’t end up being a big deal), Sister in law never got her dress altered and had to be sewn into day of (the photographers assistant worked small miracles and you can’t tell how big it was after she was done), my shoes that I had spent hours break in destroyed my feet and instead of wearing them all night I kicked them off IMMEDIATELY following the ceremony. And that was it, I let other people fix things for the most part and I am so happy I did.

Now to start at the beginning of the weekend. Our families were from out of town and one of the coolest things that we did was my uncle organized a family baseball game for the Thursday before the wedding! It was amazing seeing only family, and it was great because since we had already seen them we didn’t have to re say hello at the wedding, which means no one got bent out of shape for being missed, and our families felt more involved, and we didn’t feel guilty when we spent hours dancing with our friends at the wedding. My uncle even had “welcome to the family nick and sarah” displayed on the screen at the baseball game! It definitely helped us relax a little and get even more excited and not just stressed leading up to the wedding.

Friday night we had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and then we went to the hotel bar afterwards and said hello to the family friends who had come in early from out of town. Again this was great!! I got to talk more to people on Friday night then at the actual wedding, and it again freed us up the day of the wedding to do what we wanted instead of saying hi to everyone! I highly recommend you do something similar if you were not already planning to.

Here are a few pictures from the baseball game, and my favorite picture of me from the rehearsal.

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

The day of ended up being a gorgeous day. Sunny skies, upper 70’s lower 80’s, I mean just gorgeous. We spent the whole day at the mansion. Us girls got there at 8am and had breakfast and started hair and makeup, the guys got there around lunch time. We had lunch for the whole bridal party and family, and then started pictures. Our ceremony wasn’t until 4pm so we had plenty of time to take pictures before hand and we weren’t really rushed for anything.

Our ceremony was awesome! Our friend was the officiant and he did such a good job. We also were unplugged for the ceremony, and I am really happy we did it. When I looked out I saw smiling faces and not cell phones, and we had a few little chuckle points in the ceremony that people actually laughed during, I think because they were actually paying attention and not on their phones! We had a lot of comments on how wonderful our officiant was too, and a lot of people told us it could not have been better!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

A few more pictures from the ceremony:

• Shannon
    Expert October 2015
    Shannon ·

Everything looks so beautiful! Congrats!!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

The reception lasted the entire time we had booked, and we still had over 60 people there at midnight! We actually had two bars in the room and one ran out of liquor by about 9:30pm, we only had a few bottles of beer left and that was it, much to the shock of our catering staff who assured us that they had never seen people drink so much. LOL. We toasted with steins, had a surprise mother son dance that our guests absolutely LOVED (keep it short if you are going to do it and definitely practice), and for the garter toss instead of Nick taking it off of me, he was wearing it and did a dance, again our guests loved it and we even have it on video. We didn’t tell our DJ before hand what we were planning, and I was dying listening to his comments when I saw the video for the first time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQWA3mxZubw

I think that is about all I can say for now other than to make the decision to have fun, and make opportunities for yourself to say hi to guests so that you don’t spend your entire reception only saying hi to people. You spent so long planning you deserve to enjoy yourself!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

The reception lasted the entire time we had booked, and we still had over 60 people there at midnight! We actually had two bars in the room and one ran out of liquor by about 9:30pm, we only had a few bottles of beer left and that was it, much to the shock of our catering staff who assured us that they had never seen people drink so much. LOL. We toasted with steins, had a surprise mother son dance that our guests absolutely LOVED (keep it short if you are going to do it and definitely practice), and for the garter toss instead of Nick taking it off of me, he was wearing it and did a dance, again our guests loved it and we even have it on video. We didn’t tell our DJ before hand what we were planning, and I was dying listening to his comments when I saw the video for the first time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQWA3mxZubw

I think that is about all I can say for now other than to make the decision to have fun, and make opportunities for yourself to say hi to guests so that you don’t spend your entire reception only saying hi to people. You spent so long planning you deserve to enjoy yourself!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

More pictures!

• Leigh
    Devoted October 2015
    Leigh ·

So beautiful! Congratulations!!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

Pictures.

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·

MORE!!!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

Pictures

• Cat On a Hot Tin Roof
    VIP May 2016
    Cat On a Hot Tin Roof ·

Gorgeous dress! Glad you had good weather that day - Congratulations!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

• Reese
    Master July 2015
    Reese ·

Great pictures! Congratulations!

• Jessica
    Master May 2016
    Jessica ·

So beautiful! & it looks like everyone had such a fun time

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·

• Finally Mrs. F
    Super November 2015
    Finally Mrs. F ·

Congrats!! I like your cupcakes, they look so good

• WWKatie
    Master January 2016
    WWKatie ·

Awesome pictures!! Congrats

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·

SOOOOOO Awesome!!! Congratulation on your beautiful day!!

Comment on this discussion