T
Dedicated August 2018

Bali

TONISHA, on March 10, 2017 at 10:28 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 28
Saved Save

FH and I have decided to visit Phuket, Thailand and seminyak,Bali for our honeymoon in August. we may add on bangkok as well (still not sure). Has anyone been to or going to Bali? If so where did you stay or staying? All information or advice is welcomed.

Thank you

28 Comments

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·

I haven't been but that is my dream vacation!! My husband is not a fan of flying at all and especially not long flights, so this option got crossed out for us really early

• VC
    Master May 2017
    VC ·

We will be going in Sept for our honeymoon.

Will stay in Kuta for the first 5 days as we tour Bali. Kuta is very touristy and I heard not the best but it's cheap for us and we will stay in IBIS hotel. We are only there at night to sleep since our private tour will take us everywhere all day. We have plans to see rice terraces, all the important temples, beach day with water activities and another day with river rafting.

Then we head to Java for a 2 day tour. This is on another island. I don't know the exact hotels but I suspect they won't be fancy but doesn't matter since we are participating in 2 overnight treks on volcanoes/mountains to see the sunsets. Volcano sunset trek and another "Ijen" blue flames crater trek.

We will then end in Nusa Dua for 5 days at Samabe resort. Very expensive resort all-inclusive panoramic suite view of the Indian Ocean. Most excited to relax, pig out and enjoy the water activities, shows and chill by the pool with afternoon tea served by out private butler.

• T
    Dedicated August 2018
    TONISHA ·

Thank you ladies !!!!!

• Jennifer VR
    VIP April 2017
    Jennifer VR ·

I'm staying at Grand Whizz in Nusa Dua. I booked through a travel agent though, because when we started doing research, there were so many bloggers with so many opinions, it was more confusing than helpful.

Because it's more far South, I believe we'll have to get up super early for at least one of our tours.

• J
    Just Said Yes June 2017
    Jennifer ·

@VC Did you book through a travel agency or plan you trip out on your own? We're planning a 12 day honeymoon in Bali this June and I'm hoping to convince the FH that we should do at least one overnight trek, preferably to the blue lights. Any advice would be appreciated!

• VC
    Master May 2017
    VC ·

@Jennifer - we planned it all on our own. Did tons of research. But the tours are obviously done through companies online. Just checked them out, read reviews and saw their itineraries and booked with them.

Airfare was done on our own too since it sucks flying there, we did a lot of research on price, timing, length of trip to fly there/transfer etc. In the end we used points to fly to Taiwan direct and then bought tickets from Taiwan to Bali direct to save on time and wasted times at airports.

• OceanDreamin
    Expert July 2017
    OceanDreamin ·

This is our dream honeymoon!

• hearts
    Devoted October 2015
    hearts ·

My husband and I went there for our honeymoon! Here are some tips:

- Don't stay in Kuta for more than a day or two. It's cool to see, but there are many more exciting places to visit. Kuta is not that nice of an area and is a very busy city.

- Loved South Kuta. There is a bar called Single Fin which is a great place to watch the sunset. There is also a beach below that is really beautiful.

- Ubud was amazing! We stayed at Champlung Sari.

- If you like hiking, hike Mt Batur! It's a sunrise hike so it's a bit challenging in the dark but I think totally worth it. You have to have a guide take you up.You can arrange this hike when you are in Ubud.

- Another fun thing to do in Ubud is a bike tour through the rice terraces.

- Gili T is a fun nearby island to go to. It's definitely a "backpackers island". Snorkeling and partying is what you do there. We stayed at Aston Sunset Beach resort and loved it.

Hope this helps!

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·

Hey!! We are doing the same! Flying into Phuket and going straight to Koh Yao Yai and staying at Sinthaya. You can pay extra to have them pick you up from the airport, get you to a boat and bring you out to the island. I know we'll be tired and won't want to try to navigate so it seemed like a great choice. Plus we are staying in this room for $86 a night!! Sinthiya also does day trips so we'll be doing some trips to other islands. The rest of the trip is up in the air. We'll be flying to Bali about a week in. Definitely going to Ubud and seeing monkeys!

We are planning our own trip and just booked flights from San Francisco to Phuket for $700 round trip per person.

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·

Also- you can get flights from Phuket to Bali for $150 round trip per person. There aren't direct flights so you'll be going to Bangkok as a layover.

Not sure where your layover is for the trip home but if it's in Seoul South Korea and its looong don't worry! They have free bus tours of the city. We are actually looking forward to our 8 hour layover there.

• Z-D923
    Savvy September 2017
    Z-D923 ·

We stayed at 2 different hotels in Kuta and private villas in Jimbaran Bay and Pandang Bai in Bali. Also spent several nights on Gili Trawangan which is part of Lombok. It's a beautiful place. We did a sunrise hike up a volcano & visited a black sand beach (Pandang Bai) , kayaked between islands & snorkeled (Gili's), just so much to do and see!! Once in a lifetime trip for sure!!

We had planned to do the blue flames on Mt. Ijen but a nearby volcano was erupting at the time and closing down airports and causing safety issues so we couldn't get there.

My best friend was in the peace corps--in Indonesia for 27 months... so we went for 15 days to visit her. There were also several airlines that the US gvt black listed for volunteers so we had to skirt around that when flying inside the country between islands. No travel agents used to book-just lots of research and having my bestie along who spoke Indonesian was not only extremely helpful--but hilarious. When she would bust out the native tongue people would just stare at her completely shocked lol

• Km42118
    VIP April 2018
    Km42118 ·

Omg how exciting! Never been to any of the above. have a great time!

• T
    Dedicated August 2018
    TONISHA ·

Thank you ladies!

We're flying from JFK (NYC) so I wasn't sure if we should do

JFK TO BALI

BALI TO BANGKOK

BANGKOK TO PHUKET

PHUKET BACK TO JFK

Since there is no straight flight from Phuket to Bali or vise versa

we decided to do all the planning ourselves I'm really good at planning but I must say it's a lot of back work and research that needs to be done.

I really like seminyak. FH and I aren't hikers or extremely adventurous but we do want to explore the major things (temples etc) more sight seeing then doing adventure tours. The other areas you guys mentioned seem more for the adventurous and out doors. I was thinking of doing 4-5 days in Bali then heading to the next stop I know we may need more days but I want to explore all the stops on our honeymoon tour.

• Chelsea
    VIP June 2017
    Chelsea ·

Following

• 2B_Mrs.J.T.
    VIP September 2017
    2B_Mrs.J.T. ·

Following

• Z-D923
    Savvy September 2017
    Z-D923 ·

@tonisha I can ask my friend for some tips from Seminyak... or other places you find interesting... she traveled a ton while over there and may have some recommendations!

• T
    Dedicated August 2018
    TONISHA ·

@Z-D923 thank you that would be awesome!

• T
    Dedicated August 2018
    TONISHA ·

@jessica yea I saw that, but I know a few who went in September and the rain was in and out not for the whole day

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·

Keep us posted Tonisha! This is a great thread. I don't even know what the blue flames are but now I want to see them. Lol!

Seminyak looks beautiful!! We may look into staying there a couple days since it's close to the airport.

• T
    Dedicated August 2018
    TONISHA ·

Awww will do and so do I, I love having these discussions you learn something new @erin

Comment on this discussion