kristinelizabeth
Dedicated November 2013

Back and Married w/one pro pic

kristinelizabeth, on December 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM Posted in Planning 0 23
Saved Save

Back and happily married. Some reflection/advice on my day - I had a great day - not too much of a blur at all. Things that went wrong - (1) my florist forgot one corsage for my mom - my fH gave his boutinerre to my mom (GMs didn't have them), (2) my dress would not bustle, it just kept falling out - I ended up using the loop to hang it on my shoulder like a purse...it worked fine. If anything else went wrong I didn't know about it. Some things I might do differently - (1) have a friend vidotape the ceremony, (2) stay in the bridal suite another night after the wedding - it was great to have family and friends come by in the morning and say goodbye (especially those that - Cont'd

23 Comments

• kristinelizabeth
    Dedicated November 2013
    kristinelizabeth ·
    • Flag

Travelled). I also would have killed to just lounge around, sleep, and order a pizza after a wedding.

Things I wouldn't change: (1) getting married and having the reception in one place - it worked so well for us and really helped us to enjoy the entire day; (2) the photo booth - I was really torn (I prefer to be on the dance floor), but our guests loved it and not everyone is a dancer. Plus we really enjoyed looking at the album and everyone's messages. (3) staying in the bridal suite with FH the night before - I know this isn't for everyone, but it was a great way to start out the day; we went to breakfast and had coffee before all the chaos began. (4) First look and bridal party photos before the ceremony (again, not for everyone), but our ceremony was 5:30 (dark in the Midwest) so we got photos in the sunlight and got to enjoy our cocktail hour. In fact I had a drink at the bar with several guests before the ceremony. Being in one place really allowed us to have

• P
    Super April 2014
    PurpleHairLover ·
    • Flag

That is such a nice pic! Sorry all that happened but you're married that's all that matters! Smiley smile

• Mrs. V V
    Master June 2014
    Mrs. V V ·
    • Flag

That sounds great!! and I love that pic! congrats!!

• kristinelizabeth
    Dedicated November 2013
    kristinelizabeth ·
    • Flag

Conversations with our guests (we had 120 guests - 116 showed).

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

Your bouquet is gorgeous and you looked beautiful too.

• CaitlinWife
    VIP November 2013
    CaitlinWife ·
    • Flag

Oh my GOD Kristin!!! You two look amazing. So happy.

• kristinelizabeth
    Dedicated November 2013
    kristinelizabeth ·
    • Flag

Thanks everyone. @Paris - my profile pic is the pic I gave to my florist and she did an amazing job of making it a reality.

• FutureMrs.Smith
    Devoted July 2015
    FutureMrs.Smith ·
    • Flag

U and your husband look wonderful!!!

• Mrs. McWilliams
    Super December 2013
    Mrs. McWilliams ·
    • Flag

You look amazing! I love your stoll - where did you get it from - I'm still searching for one! My wedding is taking place in St. Louis, so it's a MUST as I know it will ridicuously cold!

Love your feedback. Thanks for sharing! Good to know about the bridal suite, we're planning to keep it an extra night or two to decompress!

• Mrs. Kommeren
    Master December 2013
    Mrs. Kommeren ·
    • Flag

You look really beautiful and you two look very lovely together! I love your pic and your bouquet!

• FutureMrsZottola
    Master July 2015
    FutureMrsZottola ·
    • Flag

Congrats and thanks for sharing! you guys look great!

• *Mrs_D*
    Master October 2014
    *Mrs_D* ·
    • Flag

Beautiful! Congrats!

• kristinelizabeth
    Dedicated November 2013
    kristinelizabeth ·
    • Flag

@TheFutureMrsMcWilliams - Ebay, I think it was $10. Search "Black fur stole"

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

So beautiful and what a turn out you had!

• TaroLovesMe
    VIP November 2013
    TaroLovesMe ·
    • Flag

You looked stunning! Love your bouquet. Congratulations

• A
    Master April 2014
    Aleykit* ·
    • Flag

Congrats, what a beautiful picture! Smiley smile

• Brooke
    Super May 2014
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

Congrats! I am from the Midwest as well and my ceremony is also going to be 5:30pm and I am having a first look and same location reception..did you have a timeline? What was it like? thanks.

• Myra
    Devoted May 2014
    Myra ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!!! Beautiful Pic.

• kristinelizabeth
    Dedicated November 2013
    kristinelizabeth ·
    • Flag

@Brooke - our ceremony was 5:30pm, cocktail hour 6pm - 7pm, dinner and reception at 7pm. Our timeline looked like this:

1:30pm - Photographer arrived while we were finishing getting ready - pictures of rings, invites, dress, etc,.

2:00pm - First look

2 - 2:45pm - pictures of B & G

2:45pm - pictures of bridal party

4:00pm - pictures with brides family

4:45pm - pictures of bride and father having a cocktail in hotel bar (literally, it was scheduled)

5:30pm - ceremony

6:00pm - cocktail hour and photos with groom's family

6:20pm - bride and groom join cocktail hour and all formal photos are completed

6:50pm - doors open for dinner service

7:20pm - first dance, first course served

From there we did toasts while dinner was being served and mother/father dances after dinner. This left us plenty of time to mingle with our guests.

• Mrs V (Roe)
    Master August 2013
    Mrs V (Roe) ·
    • Flag

Congratulatiosn. You looked so beautiful. I love your stole.

Comment on this discussion