FutureMrsWhitman
Expert December 2016

Awesome Bridesmaids

FutureMrsWhitman, on June 5, 2016 at 12:45 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved Save

I see a lot of posts on here about bridesmaids who don't order their dresses on time, argue with each other, refuse to walk with selected groomsman, and make wedding planning stressful. I wanted to start a thread for us to give credit to the bridesmaids who are just great friends/family and are just there when you need them. Granted, the only expectation one should have of their bridesmaids is to get the dress and show up but sometimes these ladies go above and beyond. Who else out here has awesome bridesmaids??

Yesterday all my bridesmaids got together, even the ones from out of town, and we all met up at DB for them to get measured and try on and order their dresses. All of my bridesmaids showed up, all of them picked out their style variation of the versa dress I picked, and they ordered and paid for their dresses! Some even got shoes! (I don't have a specific shoe requirement I just said either royal blue or gold). I had them all over to party after! My girls rock!

17 Comments

• FutureMrsWhitman
    Expert December 2016
    FutureMrsWhitman ·
    • Flag

Here's the actual color of their dress.

• Jennifer
    Expert July 2016
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

That is awesome! I love those dresses.

My bridesmaids have been great as well. I kept the bridal party small after all the drama with my brother and SIL wedding.

• Mrs. RATR
    Master September 2016
    Mrs. RATR ·
    • Flag

I have a bridesmaid who is willing to fly from DC to Michigan for the wedding AND my shower even though she's terrified of flying. She's the best

• FutureDMK
    Expert May 2017
    FutureDMK ·
    • Flag

Love that dress! My color is horizon too. I looked at the versa and wasn't sure how they looked exactly. Love it. I'm hoping my girls will be the same... They are all family so hopefully no drama.

• Katie
    Super October 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Yay bridesmaids! Mine have all ordered and relieved their dresses too! Love my girls which is why I want to spoil them as much as possible leading up to the wedding!

• FutureMrsWhitman
    Expert December 2016
    FutureMrsWhitman ·
    • Flag

@ RATR That's awesome! I definitely don't ask much of my bridesmaids. I want things to be easy, affordable and fun. I have no expectations for anything except for them showing up dressed the day of but they are always checking up to see how planning is going, to offer to help even though I don't ask, and to tell me how much they look forward to the wedding. It just blows me away how sweet they are. When you don't have high expectations, it's really easy for people to exceed them. Lol

• nautiwife
    VIP July 2016
    nautiwife ·
    • Flag

I only have a MOH and she is awesome. She is super helpful and basically said she is my glitter covered slave (not that I am treating her that way). She's even taken care of a dress issue so I don't have to stress about it.

• Future Mrs Harvey
    Super October 2016
    Future Mrs Harvey ·
    • Flag

Awesome! I chose that dress also, in the color spa.

• FutureMrsWhitman
    Expert December 2016
    FutureMrsWhitman ·
    • Flag

@Danielle horizon looks good on everyone. I love the color! All of my bridesmaids except the girl closes to the camera in the first picture (my MOH) are family. The two behind her are my SILS (brothers' wives), then FHs sister, then FHs cousin. We're both very close to our families. Also, the majority of or bridesmaids are married to our groomsman, so they're walking with their spouses...except for my MOH (my bff), the BM (FHs bff), and FHs sister (who is divorced and is walking with another one of their cousins). Makes it easy.

• MisstoMrsWeber
    Super October 2016
    MisstoMrsWeber ·
    • Flag

That's great! My girls were amazing with ordering their dresses and boots the same day! The groomsmen on the other hand have been a bit more of a pain lol

• Sam
    Super October 2016
    Sam ·
    • Flag

My secret to no drama is having 2 girls and 3 guys on my side. Guys are so much less drama.

• FutureDMK
    Expert May 2017
    FutureDMK ·
    • Flag

@futuremrswhitman ya I have my sisters, my youngest one is my MOH, the older one will be up there with me too (2nd MOH) because she cried when I picked my little sister. My fsil (FH sister) since we got engaged we've been more close. My two cousins and my bff (which I'm really regretting asking) not because of drama I can't explain it but her beau is a GM. I wanted my other good friends but that's way too many so one her son is my RB and the other her daughter is my FG.

• Courtney
    Super June 2016
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

My MOH is SO fantastic! She has been extremely supportive and helpful throughout this whole process and I am so grateful to have her in my life!

• Sara
    Super November 2016
    Sara ·
    • Flag

All of my girls are awesome!!!! So thankful for each one of them

• FutureMrsWhitman
    Expert December 2016
    FutureMrsWhitman ·
    • Flag

@Sara W. Great pic! They look like they get along!

• SoontobeMrsO
    Super May 2016
    SoontobeMrsO ·
    • Flag

My girls were AMAZING! Now I have to show them off Smiley winking

• Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

I love all the dresses posted and the happy wedding parties!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics