FFW
Master August 2016

August 2016 Brides... 4 MONTHS!!!

FFW, on April 6, 2016 at 11:13 AM Posted in Planning 0 51
Saved Save

All my fellow August Brides I'm at the 4 month mark TODAY! What have you recently got accomplished for the wedding? What's next to check off your list? When are you sending invites? And at this point what's your biggest concern?

51 Comments

• mrs.ford
    VIP August 2016
    mrs.ford ·
    • Flag

Hey date twin! Cannot believe we are 4 MONTHS OUT! We are sending invites late May/Beginning of June. We have all of our big things done. I need to get my dress alterations done, and my bridal pics done. We are just focusing on details now. We are having a BBQ next weekend for all of our bridal party. Looking forward to that. We also need to register

• Erin
    Expert August 2016
    Erin ·
    • Flag

HOLY CRAP! Thanks for the reminder haha.what a great day to get married though(: We just ordered invites. Doing a cake testing in two weeks. I think all the big stuff is done, I just need to motivate my butt into starting in on small things!

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

I'm at exactly 4.5 months today! Late August bride Smiley smile

I only have 4 more invitations to put together and address, and those will be ready to be sent late May/ early June! I have my hair trial on the 23rd and my makeup trial May 1st. May is when things get busy...first alteration appointment, bridal shower, and ceremony drafting.

I have pretty much else done- vendors, timeline, DJ lists, gifts, hotels, honeymoon, etc. The only outstanding items I have are bridal shower thank yous, place cards, and an emergency kit.

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

Recent: Paying for BM dresses today (bye bye tomorrow's paycheck... as usual). Hopefully my stepmom pays for the cake today.

Next: The best news is we are going to our wedding city this weekend, so my goal is to finalize the set up for the reception so we can go ahead and order rentals (table, chairs, linens, see how many centerpieces needed). Get someone to do my bouquet (fresh flowers) since I got real touch rose bouquets for the BM's. Bonus points if I can go ahead and purchase FH's ring. FH finalizing GM attire, at 1st he wanted navy suites but is having a problem finding them in one of the GM size (he's pretty big), so now he's thinking of just black tuxes. I feel bad, not sure what to say. Its FH's best friend, but he's not the BM due to distance, finances, kids, health issues, and overall flakiness so FH went with his other best friend... LOL. My suggestion was to make them both BM and then allow them to wear something different than the other GM. We need to start this premarital counseling UGH!!!! FH is stalling, our officiant won't marry us without it. I looked into honeymoon flights yesterday... still expensive.... SIGH.

Sending out invites: My co-worker says we should at the tail end of this month so that guest receive them in May. My RSVP date is July 4. I was thinking more like the end of the 1st week in May. I'm planning FH's 30th birthday party right now for the 1st week in May, so I was thinking the Monday after the party.

Biggest concern right now: weight loss (lack of consistency-I have FH birthday party in May, my shower in June, bach in July, and wedding in August I need to start ASAP).

• Amber Erin
    Master August 2016
    Amber Erin ·
    • Flag

Oh dear god. This is unreal! I recently purchased my invites and had confirmed with my florist. I have a florist mockup, a boudoir session, makeup and hair trial, and cake tasting next month.

I'm planning on sending invites at the end of May or beginning June.

I think the only thing I need to do are gifts, write vows, and hotel for us.

• mrs.ford
    VIP August 2016
    mrs.ford ·
    • Flag

I really need to get my BM's gifts ordered. They won't take long just something else I need to mark off my list.

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

@FMKS thanks for reminding me, I need gifts

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

Eh, haven't even ordered the invitations. Still trying to decide how I want to word the insert card for online RSVP, accommodations, parking, etc. i want to try to put it all on one, so guests don't have to keep up with multiple items & it's cheaper.

• LeahKtoL
    Super August 2016
    LeahKtoL ·
    • Flag

Got my veil, added a quote from five people you meet in heaven to the ceremony, organized and stuffed invites, and reminded fh that we need to make an appointment to get passports....and then forgot to call two days in a row

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

@Leah I haven't even decided on bridal accessories yet. A friend who got married last year gifted me some wedding shoes (we are the same size & she didn't wear them). They are just for show/pictures there will be wedges and then flip flops underneath my dress the entire time (Shhhh). But IDK what I am doing about veil or jewelry yet.

• klimberkat
    VIP August 2016
    klimberkat ·
    • Flag

This made me panic, then I realized I'm the end of August so still closer to 5 months. :-) Tomorrow morning we go to court to legally change FH last name (to his late mother's last name which I will be taking). Once that is done we can hit "approve" and order invites. I've still got a few small DIY projects left, but feeling good.

Oh, and need to decide on and order BM gifts. I should also contact the officiant and start looking at the ceremony options too I guess. Thanks for the remind Leah!

• LeahKtoL
    Super August 2016
    LeahKtoL ·
    • Flag

Glad I could help. and finally scheduled appointment for passport. they're booking out to June (an FYI if anyone needs to get that squared away---will probably be different based on location though)

• Courtney CtoS
    VIP August 2016
    Courtney CtoS ·
    • Flag

Mom was a bit flustered with me earlier today because she says I have so much left. Eh not really.. Just small details like what decor item goes on each table. All the vendors are booked so all the big stuff is done. I just placed the order for invitations about an hour ago so everything from here out isn't super important.

• SimpleSeamstress
    Master June 2015
    SimpleSeamstress ·
    • Flag

Good luck August brides! Just wanted to say that it was a shock for me to see four months since I'm an August mommy-to-be! I am feeling nostalgic about being a bride-to-be. What an exciting time, I wish you all the best!

• Darcie
    Super August 2016
    Darcie ·
    • Flag

Hello fellow August brides.....holy crap! Already sent invites but RSVPs aren't due back until the end of June. Dresses have been delivered already. Everything is pretty much figured out...having hair trial next week. Flowers figured out. Cake figured out. Menu figured out...Good old Canadian backyard BBQ...burgers, dogs and beer! Need to finalize table decor and other little things. We drive truck for a living so everything ha s to be planned in the 3 days a month that we are actually home...hence the early invites.

• Minerva
    VIP August 2016
    Minerva ·
    • Flag

I just ordered my invites yesterday. Booked my hair and makeup trial today for May. Will be doing menu tasting in May as well. The only big thing left to do is to order flowers and decor which we will be doing ourselves, so things feel good!

• K
    Beginner August 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

Ahh!! 4months?! I'm the first bride out of my friends and am feeling pretty lost. My venue includes food,bar,dj, table, chairs, linens... I have my officiant, photographer, hair and makeup and my dress!... Am I missing anything besides small things like decor and flowers. I've picked invites... We've also picked bridesmaids dresses. Congrats to everyone!!

• Dee
    Savvy August 2016
    Dee ·
    • Flag

Destination wedding! Everything venue related is done. All travel arrangements for the wedding party are done. Dresses and shoes have all been purchased (for me and my bridesmaids). Accessory shopping, mailing out physical invites in May (which have been sitting in my house since February). Received most of the online RSVPs already based the save the dates (link was active on our wedding site).

Now don't get me started on the to-do list that the groom has...LOL. He keeps saying "I have plenty of time to get this stuff done." I am confident he'll get it done, but he'll probably blow the budget with his last minute/express shipping addiction.

• Kisha
    Expert August 2016
    Kisha ·
    • Flag

4 months away!!!!!! Its funny when people tell me I have time???? UMMMMMM no I don't, its right around the corner. Im pretty much planning myself, but I am having a hard time delegating duties. I feel that I'm better organized to maintain everything, but I don't want to be crazy stressed. Ladies I we are really going to be wives soon!!!! With all the planning Lets try to enjoy our moment. Good Luck and lets continue to encourage and support each other!!!!!!!

• FutureMrsML
    Super August 2016
    FutureMrsML ·
    • Flag

Hi ladies! I have paid deposits on the officiant, DJ, venue, caterer, photo booth, and photographer. I have paid my dress in full and it is patiently hanging up in my closet. My BM dress is picked and 2/5 girls have paid for their dresses. My invites have been ordered and will be shipped within a day or two. I still need to purchase centerpieces and little thing so for the wedding. Congrats and good luck to you guys on the rest of your journey.

Comment on this discussion