K
Just Said Yes August 2018

Are you leaving for your honey moon the night of the wedding?

Krys, on Dec 4, 2017 at 10:31 PM Posted in Honeymoon

Im trying to figure out when we should leave for our honeymoon. Should we plan to leave the night of our wedding? Or should we spend the night at a hotel and leave the next morning, giving us a first night together as husband and wife?

I like both ideas but im not sure which to do. Were going to hawaii most likely

Share:

65 Comments

• Megan
    Beginner April 2018
    Megan ·

We are leaving early Monday morning. On Sunday, we will have a brunch and open presents with immediate family. This gives us the rest of the day to make she we have everything before we leave the next morning.

• Annie
    Expert October 2018
    Annie ·

My wedding coordinator advised against leaving the next day after the wedding. She suggested leaving a day later. So if you get married on a Saturday, leave on a Monday for your honeymoon. It gives you time to relax after the big day.

• K squared
    Super October 2017
    K squared ·

Oh god, I can't even imagine. We didn't even leave the next day and our wedding ended early (7pm) but there was an after party and then we wanted to lounge in bed the next day.

• Michelle
    Dedicated June 2018
    Michelle ·

We are getting married on Saturday and then leaving for the honeymoon Tuesday morning. I couldn't imagine leaving night of or early the next morning.

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·

Our wedding was on Saturday, and we were still tired on Monday when we left. Lots of stuff had to e done on Sunday. Opened presents at IL's and then had to get all decorations and left over cake from various family members, which in turn got delivered to our jobs. I left a note since it was a weekend and they found on Monday morning when office opened.

• Chandell
    Dedicated August 2018
    Chandell ·

Im getting married on a sunday its from 2-8 so we will stay at the hotel then monday around 11 am. we will be on our way to the poconos for 5 days or niagara falls canada for 7 days we have not decided.

• danilaughs
    Devoted August 2018
    danilaughs ·

We are leaving for a cruise the next morning and I'm already dreading leaving so quickly! Wait a few days if you can!

• Ashley
    VIP May 2018
    Ashley ·

I'm planning on being drunk at my wedding so if FH wanted to spend our first night as a couple dragging my drunk self on a plane, then sure. We are leaving the next day. We want to spend time with our friends and family at the after party

• Kristin
    Dedicated July 2018
    Kristin ·

We aren't leaving until 5 months later

• Melissa
    Master March 2018
    Melissa ·

Uh no don't do that. We're leaving 2 days later

• NeLeibelToBe
    Devoted June 2018
    NeLeibelToBe ·

We are getting married in our home town (an hour from out home) on a Saturday. We fly out at 7am Tuesday. That way we have time to open gifts, see all the family off and make the trip home with time to spare before we have to leave!

• Dextor3000
    Devoted October 2017
    Dextor3000 ·

We got married on a Saturday and left that Tuesday for our honeymoon. It was awesome having two days to recover from the wedding, and we could take our time packing.

• JaMiCK
    Devoted August 2018
    JaMiCK ·

We're getting married on a Saturday then leaving to Vegas with our bridal party on Wednesday....gives us some time to spend with OOT guests, recoup & relax before we party again!

• DesertFox
    Super March 2018
    DesertFox ·

We're putting it off about 6 months to save up and recover from the wedding lol

• Haley
    Dedicated January 2018
    Haley ·

We are getting married on Saturday and leaving to Switzerland on Tuesday morning. It gives us a little time to relax, make sure everything is packed, and visit a little bit with people who came from OOT

• Sarah
    Dedicated January 2018
    Sarah ·

We're doing a DW and our honeymoon is in the same place as our wedding (Hawaii) so we're leaving the house we're staying in the week of the wedding (also where we're getting married) and taking a car to our honeymoon hotel, but it's like a 20 minute drive. If we were flying somewhere for the honeymoon, we'd be leaving the day after the wedding or later. Not the night of the wedding that's crazy

• oksana
    Dedicated April 2018
    oksana ·

Married on Sunday and leaving on Tuesday! Give yourself a day to just relax

• Macey
    Dedicated May 2018
    Macey ·

We're getting married on a Saturday and then flying out at 8:00 the next morning to get on a cruise. We might end up regretting it but it was the trip we really wanted to take so we'll make it work!

• Mags
    Super July 2018
    Mags ·

We recently decided, wedding in July, Honeymoon in November. Since the wedding is semi destination we are taking at least 3 weekdays before the wedding. Can't imagine taking so much vacation time in one month!

• MrsGtoBe
    Dedicated May 2018
    MrsGtoBe ·

Our wedding is on a Saturday and we are planning on leaving Monday morning. We are going to open presents the day after the wedding with our families.

Comment on this discussion